Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Do you have snorkels on your quad?

721 - 740 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
any more pics? i want to start doing the 500 next week. have had a few close calls with the air intake. what size of pipe u use? any issues with the efi?
Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Automotive exterior
I used 2" for everything so it has good airflow because some of them have alot of bends.

For the snorkel parts you see above the plastics I used sched 40 pipe it looks alot better than the black stuff. It's a bit more expensive but just buy what you need to make the verticals. I used 4x couplers and 6x 45's. And then you just need the 3x rubber couplings to allow for easy removal if required.

Then for the rest buy a bunch of everything and just return what you don't use lol

In the picture I had the Cvt exhaust coming up in the frame originally but when I went to put on the plastics it was hitting so I had to run it outside the frame up past where the top shock mount is and it seems to be fine there sorry I don't have a picture of it.

Also right above the plastics were you will need to put a 2" stub up for the coupler to attach to I only siliconed that one in there just incase it's in the way when I need to remove the plastics

Let me know if you need any other info.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
awesome thanks. Guess ill get started on the air intake and go from their as i get time..

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Ya was hoping so. Get the easy one lined up and makes it easier for the rest I'm just gonna go schedule 40 all the way. I get contractor price

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wouldn't do it all the way because you can't make the tight turns that you can with the black pipe.. I've built about 15 separate snorkels and have never used Sched 40 below the plastics. Plus the black blends in better.

I would to the CVT intake first. That one comes up right behind the rad fan, then the air intake then the hard one is the Cvt exhaust. To make the whole process easier remove all the plastics from the machine
Motor vehicle Vehicle Engine Auto part Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Grave,

Good looking set up!
Is it possible that you list all the fittings you used and how much pipe? I know each one will be a tad different, but I'm just curious.
Also, How do you secure the pipe to the frame? As simple as wire ties?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will have to look when I'm home from work next week but yes I can get a general list together for you

Yea anywhere in needed to secure it is just used black wire ties.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
I wouldn't do it all the way because you can't make the tight turns that you can with the black pipe.. I've built about 15 separate snorkels and have never used Sched 40 below the plastics. Plus the black blends in better.

I would to the CVT intake first. That one comes up right behind the rad fan, then the air intake then the hard one is the Cvt exhaust. To make the whole process easier remove all the plastics from the machine
View attachment 241692
guess it did not matter anyway as no one has it that i could find locally.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea if you have to order it you'll need about 2 feet of the pipe for the sched 40, 4 couplers and 6 45's or 3 90's depending how you want them to look

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
looks like your clutch intake? the one on the front is different than mine? i have the boot on the cover side but it takes a 90 degree bend as soon as it connects to the factory tube. no place i can see to get it to mate up the way u did?
Anyone successfully removed the airbox part around the rad without totally removing front plastics? I really don't have the space to pull my plastics off and set them aside for a few days while i work on things after work. As much as i would like to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
looks like your clutch intake? the one on the front is different than mine? i have the boot on the cover side but it takes a 90 degree bend as soon as it connects to the factory tube. no place i can see to get it to mate up the way u did?
Anyone successfully removed the airbox part around the rad without totally removing front plastics? I really don't have the space to pull my plastics off and set them aside for a few days while i work on things after work. As much as i would like to.
I siliconed a 3" to 2" rubber coupler to the factory rubber piece you have to cut the tip off the factory piece so it holds its shape and you can tighten it.

From what I saw you cannot get the front intake piece out without taking the whole front off. The front plastics are pretty easy to get off tho just as an FYI

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Ended up taking all the supplies back. Figure if i gotta pull plastics off i don't want the black pipe above the plastics white has a cleaner look. So now this will be a summer project when i take some holidays

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
It probably takes about 15 minutes to remove all the plastics....

True- and you should do it once a season anyway to clean and inspect your harness, frame, and do maintenance you can't normally get to.

8 hours once a year in a controlled environment with heat and light and tools and beer is better than breaking once on the trail in the cold, with no beer, minimal tools, in the dark....

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
No beer !!!! ?? Your not very prepared lol

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Was just in looking at the 2015 700. their front clutch vent setup would be perfect for adapting to a snorkel setup. It is a rubber connection all the way to the top of the atv. Has the standard connection on the clutch side and then converts to round all the way up. Looks like it would be a perfect fit for the 2" pipe

721 - 740 of 773 Posts