Arctic Cat Forum banner

Do you have snorkels on your quad?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 768 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of us out there have snorkels on our machines. Would love to see some pics of some snorkeled Cats to see how each is different from the other.

·
Registered
934 Posts
No snorkle here, and not going to add one down the road. I ride some mud, but Im not into the water thing. Our mud is really think and sticky, not to much like soup.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I don't ride in very deep water but they helped my quad by getting cooler air for the carbs :chug:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Nope - I don't really plan on being in past my ass. However, if I was going to add one, I would do it like Sanny's & Hungry's - I just don't care much for the tall ones out in front.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be interesting to see what the dealer would say if you did it now and had any engine trouble. They would probably try to point the finger at it, but my stance would be they would have to prove that the failure is a direct result of the snorkel. I just brought mine in today for a bum front end (CV or diffy). If they give me crap about the snorkels....it's on! :) They'll probably try to say that the colder air gav the engine more power and it was more power than the OEM rig was designed to take, hence the issue. slaphappy

·
Registered
466 Posts
To heck with the dealer. 2 weeks after purchase: 28" laws, snorkel, DynoJet jet kit. I'll never have a 4x4 without a snorkel. It's cheap insurance and more power with the DJ kit. Really woke up the 500m. Didn't do too much for a 400 foreman power wise though.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Originally posted by Gmanf61@Oct 16 2005, 07:00 PM
I don't ride in very deep water but they helped my quad by getting cooler air for the carbs  :chug:
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Thats exactly why I did mine. The CVT exhaust is right under the clove box along with the carb intake on the 04. I could tell a big differance after i did mine. And I think it looks cool thumbguy

Attachments

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Originally posted by HungryCat650V-Twin+Oct 17 2005, 09:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HungryCat650V-Twin @ Oct 17 2005, 09:09 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gmanf61
@Oct 16 2005, 07:00 PM
I don't ride in very deep water but they helped my quad by getting cooler air for the carbs  :chug:
Thats exactly why I did mine. The CVT exhaust is right under the clove box along with the carb intake on the 04. I could tell a big differance after i did mine. And I think it looks cool thumbguy
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]
I totally agree Bob, but you really have to look hard to see how cool they look with that dark haired beauty residing next to it!!! :drool: Not worthy: :chug:

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was all jazzed to see how much more power it had, but I'll have to wait until they fix the front end. I love the look it gives it, and the insurance of not getting water in the carbs. Lovin' that. I don't do a ton of deep water or mud stuff, but I've gone in a couple "puddles" where all of a sudden the nose takes a dive into a hole and I hope and pray my carbs don't start drinkin' it.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
I did mine mostly for cold air intake, works good for insurance when going through the water though.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've thought about it, but haven't decided yet... I sure love the way that Hungryman650 did his!!! Rockerdude

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Originally posted by cjmilez@Oct 17 2005, 12:36 PM
I've thought about it, but haven't decided yet... I sure love the way that Hungryman650 did his!!! Rockerdude
[/quote]
Damn...thay way you say my name make me sound like a TV dinner LMAO slaphappy slaphappy slaphappy

But thanks for the complement :chug:

·
Registered
15 Posts
LMAO...it is about lunchtime....haha...sorry HUNGRYCAT... :chug:

1 - 20 of 768 Posts