Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i am on my first steps of the snorkel and getting the hand of it. I will be posting more as I go with a full video and pics of each step from start to finish.

EDIT:::::::::::::::: Finally finished it :) The good thing is you can read what I did and what not to do and what to do. It is a good read out for the first timer at snorkeling a ATV.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really sorry for the delay but work kicked in and I work long hours. however i was able to get it 90% done and have many video clips. Thats another thing. I need a video editor that can take all my 2-3 min clips and put them together. Where to find?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well i am on my first steps of the snorkel and getting the hand of it. I will be posting more as I go with a full video and pics of each step from start to finish.
The vid and pics would be realllllllllllllly good.............(being a bit self serving) I just figure after dolling out 15grand of money that was all hard-earned I am NOT about to start snorkeling or modding just because! (I would cry if I ever F-ed up!!!!) So THANKS a million times.Cat happy

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
It's pretty hard to messit up. You can always undo what you have done

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
The vid and pics would be realllllllllllllly good.............(being a bit self serving) I just figure after dolling out 15grand of money that was all hard-earned I am NOT about to start snorkeling or modding just because! (I would cry if I ever F-ed up!!!!) So THANKS a million times.Cat happy
youill cry more when you get the bill for new rings after it sucks in water

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sneak peek :) Here are pics on the front plastic clip off.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok here is the stock intake boot I used. Also a pic of where I drilled into and added an extra air hole for more air. You don't need to do this step if you run stock exhaust! I personally would of liked of drilled about 1/2 inch lower but all is good and works.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a pic with the front clip back on. You can see how close the pipes come and how easy it is to fit right up to my next step. I used solid PVC rather then flexible pipe because I wanted NO KINKS at all. The bad thing is if you dont get it 100% right you will be pulling your hair out like I am. On the left side the single air I made I had to cut it 2 times for the right fit. the good thing about PVC is you can heat it up and bend it!
That cup I made fits 2 1" PVC pipes into a 2" pipe. they dont make a 2" to 2 single 1" outlet so I had to deal with it. It does work and fits like a glove. Remember to let the calk dry! I didnt and now I am doing that over as well. As long as you get good quality strong calk it will hold extremely well (if you let it dry lol).

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot to add I spent in total $70 and that's with radiator hose and clamps!
All I have to do is finish redoing the cup I made,put the front clip back on,fit and finish putting the snorkels on top, connect the radiator and clamp the hoses.
Ahhh crap I did forget to take pics of the belf intake and exhaust hose running. Was the easiest part though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Why did you go with 2)1in into a 2in intake line?tcats are bad about fouling plugs and running rich.seems to me it would make it run richer by bottle necking thru. The 1in pipe to get to original 2in rubber coming in from air box.I've got 3 -1000s and all running 2in pipe to my box .I've got one bike that has dual 2in into its air box.the 1000s love more air.even if you run factory exhaust id run a sinle 2in.

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
X2*^^^^^

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ok, If I am looking at this right you have three lines for your air intake, so you are pulling enough air. One from the right side of the bike(new hole you cut) and two lines into one 2" on the left side of the bike. But where are your belt intake and exhaust snorkels? Having clean air will do you no good if your belt is spinning on mud/water....

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ok, If I am looking at this right you have three lines for your air intake, so you are pulling enough air. One from the right side of the bike(new hole you cut) and two lines into one 2" on the left side of the bike. But where are your belt intake and exhaust snorkels? Having clean air will do you no good if your belt is spinning on mud/water....
Thanx Ruffy.............this helps alot! Gives me many ideas for my machine.the belt intake and exhaust were not posted just in error..right? Anyway thanks a bunch......................as I understand these 1000s starve for air so another snorkeled hole in the air box shouldn`t hurt? I was also thinking a high flow filter such as K&N would also help , no?

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
Uni filter !

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
You could buy the tried and true AC 1000 Modpro snorkels then you wouldn't have to worry. That's what I did.
As soon as I get my auto tune it'll be getting a second 2" air intake. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You could buy the tried and true AC 1000 Modpro snorkels then you wouldn't have to worry. That's what I did.
As soon as I get my auto tune it'll be getting a second 2" air intake. :)
the stock Mudpro snorkels i guess are junk from what everyone else is saying. I wanted more air because of the pipe and fuel programer I have.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why did you go with 2)1in into a 2in intake line?tcats are bad about fouling plugs and running rich.seems to me it would make it run richer by bottle necking thru. The 1in pipe to get to original 2in rubber coming in from air box.I've got 3 -1000s and all running 2in pipe to my box .I've got one bike that has dual 2in into its air box.the 1000s love more air.even if you run factory exhaust id run a sinle 2in.
Relook at my pics :) I have 3 1" lines

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think i posted in there that I forgot to take pics of the intake and exhaust for the belt. It is snorkeled as well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanx Ruffy.............this helps alot! Gives me many ideas for my machine.the belt intake and exhaust were not posted just in error..right? Anyway thanks a bunch......................as I understand these 1000s starve for air so another snorkeled hole in the air box shouldn`t hurt? I was also thinking a high flow filter such as K&N would also help , no?
No to K&N. There good for cars and stuff but I have herd alot of bad things about them. lus there over priced. I use a UNI filter. There cheap but there one of the best names out there for ATV's and dirt bikes. EDIT: i forgot to add yes there is much more to this that I didnt take pics of. I tried to edit all the video I had but it turns out I have over 1 hour of small clips lol. Mostly me mumbling what I am going to do next and what I plan to do so I will go out in the garage and get a full movie clip for you.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts