Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if i have to take the front rack off and remove the entire front assembly?????? I just wanted to snorkel the air intake, mainly for power gains with a dial a jet, and was just going to put a 90 degree elbow off the air box. But it seems impossible to take off the stock hose, and put a new one on without the front all apart. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I did all of mine without removing the rack and plastic. Thae front factory air box was a little tuff to squeeze out of there but I did it. I just removed the black piece above the radiator and around the pod to do my intake snorkels. Just use the factory intakes and turn your snorkel up with a 90 degree coupling.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was trying to keep mine hidden by the air box. I wanted to come right off the airbox with a 90., and not out the front of the ATV. My plan was to unhook the stock hose, and leave it all right were it is incase i wanted to hook it up stock again, and put a small 90 degree elbow right off the air box. Can i get at the hose clamp on the airbox without taking my plastic off?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bet you can. I know for sure that the factory hose would move over enough for you to just run a 90 up for a hidden snorkel. Take off the inner fender mud gaurd and the glove box, and you should be able to get to the hose clamp.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill try that and get back. Thanks for the help!! By the way, after your snorkel and jet, did you notice any power increase? Im wondering if im doind this for nothing!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I snorkeled and did the muffler mod at the same time. I felt alot more throttle response for sure and noticed it would wheelie easier. I can't for sure tell you how much of a difference you will see, but increasing your air and fuel delivery is got to give you a little more power.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. I took the stock hose off completley from both boxes. The hole in the front box by the radiator, can i leave it open? Will it hurt anything if water gets into that box? And last, what is the other hose on the other side of the front box for? It doesnt look like its for the belt housing. Im thinking i can just cut this stock hose and put it back on so it makes a 90 up from my airbox. Sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
183 Posts
No problem with all the questions. I would not leave the front hole open by the radiator because it could suck in water and go into your belt housing which is what the hole in the other side of the front air box goes to.. If you don't ride in deep water it might not be a problem. Alot of guys have gone to auto parts stores and just bought a radiator hose that has bends in it, or used some kind of 2" flexible hose. I think your stock hose would work also. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, i took the stock hose, and cut it at the second agle, and i think it will work. Now i have to figure out how im going to snorkel the other hose, because as you said, its easy to take water in the open hole, so i may as well elliminate the box by the radiator all together

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I did mine and it worked great. Here are some picks I did run mine through the plastic and I did have to cut out one of the pipes on my rack.
[attachment=60200:pentex_photos_068.jpg][attachment=60204:pentex_photos_069.jpg]
[attachment=60205:pentex_photos_070.jpg][attachment=60206:pentex_photos_071.jpg]
[attachment=60207:pentex_photos_072.jpg][attachment=60208:pentex_photos_075.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
There's a Napa hose that people use for the hidden snorkel and they say it's perfect. I don't recall the number, but someone will come along with it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope someone comes out with that part number soon!! That would be a life saver. My quad is tore apart in the garage, and the woman is PI*SED OFF wondering why i tore a hose out of the 7 thousand dollar toy, and cut it, and why the toy is in pieces in the garage!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts