Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of getting ready to snorkel a 05 500 auto, In the process of putting on the snorkles he's wanting me to put a penland slip on as well. Now il be honest im a yamaha guy but I'm everyones go to guy for this stuff (clutching, snorkles,etc). I read the full 68 pages on the snorkling thread, but can somebody point me in a direction of which jets I need to go with, and is 1.5" pipe enough or will I need 2" for everything. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
664 Posts
With 1.5 inch pipes you more than likely won't need to rejet. The limiting factor is the factory intake which is about 1.5 inner diameter.

Reactions: muddygrizz700HO

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Get a dyno jet kit it really helps that 500

·
Registered
340 Posts
X2 the dyno jet kit really helps. I have the same machine and snorkelled last year, I started with all 2" without the dyno jet kit and had to reduce it down to about 1 5/8' with the muffler mod. Installed jet kit, clipped the spring and drilled the slide, went back to 2" on the intake and its night and day difference. Before it would barley spin the tire in gravel, now it will pick the front wheels with a little tug on the bars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he got the dynojet kit when he ordered his exhaust so I will have the jets for the carb, Im wanting to make sure it runs good for him before I give it back, now I saw on the snorkle thread about drilling out something and what spring are you talking about Cat country? sorry for all the questions like I said im a yamaha guy just trying to learn what I can bout the cats to try to help out a friend.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
2 inch for the belt without a doubt....hmf exhaust should come with box of earplugs for the driver and everyone within a mile. i wouldnt suggest it at all, modded stock is the way to go with cats.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The slide inside the carb has a hole in it that allows air to transfer back and forth as the slide lifts and lowers, there is long spring that holds the slide down in the carb. By clipping the spring (2 coils) your shortening it therefor less pressure on the slide, then enlarge the hole in the slide by drilling it to 1/8" I believe. This allows the the slide to lift faster and gives better throttle response.

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks guys for the education, and mark hes a young kid and thinks louder is better, its ok though I told him he was going to ride in the back of our group and il be sure to take my quiet core out of mine so he has to listen to mine the whole time also.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Hey thanks guys for the education, and mark hes a young kid and thinks louder is better, its ok though I told him he was going to ride in the back of our group and il be sure to take my quiet core out of mine so he has to listen to mine the whole time also.
lol good plan lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.