Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a set of sno pro shocks i want to mount up to my 2002 zr600 and the bolts hole seem to be a different diameter than the normal zr shock? do i need new mounting bolts for these shocks? also i will have to drill out the aarms if i get bigger bolts.

·
Registered
261 Posts
there are spacers in the eylets of your current shocks that you will need to transfer to the new shocks. The shocks should bolt right in using the current mounting hardware.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you talking about the ones in the shock eyes? if so they dont fit in the snopro shocks eyes. they have a oh god i cant remeber what there called. they like a ball and can rotate in the shock itself, but if say i mount the top of the shock i can pull it up and down because there is freeplay in it. also the snopro shock seems to be about and inch longer can i just compress them a little and mount them up or will this harm them at all?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a set of sno pro shocks on my 2002 Zr 500 and they fit fine. Just make sure both rotating spacers are on the eyelets and the big spacer is on the bottom shock with the rotating spacers too. Shouldn't have any problems with it just tighten them down.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry I forgot to tell you there are special spacers for the sno pro shocks you can get form your cat dealer that fit these shocks. Just go to the dealer and tell them they are for the zr sno pro and they can order them for you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
They go on the outside of the ball socket in the shock eyelet, it has about a 3/8 section that goes into the ball socket and has a tapered section on the outside that spaces it for the shock mount and gives it room to pivot on the mount.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I highly recommend using the sno pro shocks they are a lot more heavy duty, because i had the remote resevoir zr shocks on my sled and bent the shock rod to a 90 degree angle when landing a jump on the flat. It was a adventerous ride home like that. I don't think the spacers are very expensive either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thanks im kinda getting what your saying with the spacers. ur not talking about the one that goes between the shock and the aarms right? its one inside the eylet itself? i rode with the stock shocks sun and wow they sucked, they bottomed out from like 2 feet of air, i think im going to have to get the rear shocks rebuilt also. i just had one of the snopro shocks rebuilt since oil drained out of it and it was $80!!!! for the one. what could have needed to be replaced for it to be that much?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thats about what everyone charges for a shock rebuild, they completly disassemble the shock and check for wear and usually replace the seals and install new oil and nitrogen.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i got the shock back today and talked to him about the spacer and there 8.50 a a piece so thats going to come out to be like $70+ because i need 8 of them o well i hope ts worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts