Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas....as requested, here is a ride report from my 1st good ride with my snopro seat on the F6. Here is a link to my original thread....

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...hl=snopro++seat

I have a love/hate relationship with this seat.

The good.....
The riding position is excellent. Better than I expected, it puts in great position and control of the sled. The narrow, tall seat make it very easy to stand and it does not make the sled more tippy at all. You can move forward and back with ease. It also looks great.

The bad......
STIFF! STIFF! STIFF!!!!! The damn seat is just too stiff for my liking and my type of riding (usually 200 miles/day). This seat is a ditchbangers dream but not the greatest for long trail rides. The seat was designed with more hard foam than soft foam.....therefore it just doesn't have enough soft foam to make it comfortable for longer rides.

My overall conclusion is that I absolutel love the riding position of it, but I need to modify the seat due to the stiffness and my riding style. It kind of sucks because I put a lot of work into the seat without even thinking about the stiffness factor. I am willing to sell this complete kit as is if someone wants it for a ditch banging seat which it would be perfect for. $500 for the seat and subframe...drill 3 holes, bolt it on and your good to go. I might be willing to factor in a trade for a red '05 seat if you have one. If I don't get what I'm looking for....I'll modify the seat by removing the harder foam and putting some softer foam in.'

Cheers!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Y not just cut off sum of the top of the foam and put in some softer foam?? Or even some Temperpedic matress foam??? Talk about a comfortable seat... :sure_ok:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah....that is what I'm prob going to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts