Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i have the only lemon? I googled around a fair bit before i bought it. The dealer has yet to figure it out too. One ride it was wicked lean the next time its dumping fuel in and had a bog from day one. Are these sleds typically reliable? I came off a dragon and miss it big time now, this thing has zero power which i accepted because i thought id have many miles of no problems, i tried to take it back and pay the difference on a different sled but unless im willing to bend right over they wont do anything its only got 650 miles i just paid 8300 and the most they say its worth is 5800 ? Do i expect too much?

·
Super Moderator
8,548 Posts
Do i have the only lemon? I googled around a fair bit before i bought it. The dealer has yet to figure it out too. One ride it was wicked lean the next time its dumping fuel in and had a bog from day one. Are these sleds typically reliable? I came off a dragon and miss it big time now, this thing has zero power which i accepted because i thought id have many miles of no problems, i tried to take it back and pay the difference on a different sled but unless im willing to bend right over they wont do anything its only got 650 miles i just paid 8300 and the most they say its worth is 5800 ? Do i expect too much?

I beat mine like a step child and it was fine. it has 4000 miles on it. 2013s sp 500s are selling for under 7000 brand new here. 5800 would be top dollar for one that is broken.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Find another dealer to work on the sled.
These are not know for many problems.

·
Super Moderator
8,548 Posts
Problem is there really is no other dealer close, plus they just sold it to me with a 2 yr warranty so im shocked at the low ball offer i got on it

thats not low ball at all, its what it is worth used and IMO too much for a trade. just take it some place else and have them fix it, that is what warranty is for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Read the top dude. They sell for 8200 here. Things are more here eg a bbq im looking at getting is about 4k here and like 2800 to mid 3000 closer to the source. Its not possible to get one in my location as cheap as you say. <- period its sad but true and your thinking why doesnt he come buy it from wherever you are? Cause the warranty will be void, there even doin that with the cooker im looking at.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im trying to get it fixed. As i said at the top the dealer cant seem to fix the thing. Im going to call cat themselves monday, there are no other dealers here. My bud kicks the living hell out of a proclimb 800 nothing broke which is why i figgured the dealer that sold it to me would come clean for a deal since i paid full retail for mine, they are unable at this point to fix it, they have proclimbs sitting there. For the extreme short time the thing ran it was a fun sled. This is my first cat and im shocked at how they sluffed me off

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This thread got way off topic, no one has had any trouble with these?? What happened to me is it went right lean plugs were white and the tops of the pistons looked lean as well. Fixes??? Please read the top before responding take it back isnt a fix.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
This thread got way off topic, no one has had any trouble with these?? What happened to me is it went right lean plugs were white and the tops of the pistons looked lean as well. Fixes??? Please read the top before responding take it back isnt a fix.
I Believe the reason everyone is telling you to take it back is #1 From the sounds of it you just bought it.
#2 You have it under warranty. Why would you open it up and void the warranty??? If your dealer can't figure it out he has 2 things to do.
#1 get on the phone with cat and get help straight from them (which can be done)
#2 hire someone that can figure these types of problems out.

Remember you have a warranty for a reason, and it is the dealer or his rep. to work with Cat and figure things out not yours not ours yeah we can give you ideas but in the end its the dealer that should be doing the repair. Any dealer that would be saying to me well I can't figure it out would get and ear full, get them on the phone with Cat, don't open it up yourself or another back yard mechanic and void your warranty!!!!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
What Dads said, use the warranty and call Arctic cats 1-800 customer service number and talk to them of what has happened. They should make the dealer fix or replace the problem. Best way to get your dealer moving cause shiite flows downhill!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
still not fixed however they finally took it back, i now have a high country. its too bad i liked it when it ran but quickly got soured towards it. not sure what the deal is on this sled they changed stator, had the cylinders off, changed the pickups in the tank, changed injectors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts