Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys me and my buddy have started a snocross team, and it is very expensive so i was wondering if you guys had any itnrest in sponsoring us, either individually or as a site. We would just be looking for a little extra cash for entrance fees and also hotel money because this sport gets expensive. If we do get sponsored we would put some stickers on the sled with whatever company sponsored us. Thanks Guys

·
Read Only
0 Posts
for hotels, i got an idea !!! find where you will be racing and if there is a chain or more than just one hotel such as American inn. try to see if they will sponser you and get good deals on rooms. I know people are going to be saying that aint ganna happen. but its worth a shot

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here kitty kitty, ive been doing that as our team is a member of sponsor house and landed 2 sponsorships on product deals already but we need as much help as possible so i might as well utilize everything around me

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Take time and write a professional resume with photos. For each one you send, attach a professional looking cover letter addressed to them. That way it shows the perspective sponsor you are serious. Past experience has showed that sending out hand written or form letters do not work. After you send the resume, follow up with another letter or phone call. Good Luck.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
what about a local dealer ?? parts and all that other good stuff. alot of them places like to get out there name as much as possible

·
Registered
90 Posts
try some of our mighty fine sponsers to the right of the page too. local arctic cat dealer would probally be more than glad to sponser you. ive seen some sponsered by construction companies too.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i think im gonna have my dads construction company sponsor us, the local dealer for webster is T. Nelson Sales and i know most people in Rochester know them( imo ****ty as dealer) ive gonna have the other kid on the team try n contact local dealers besides nelsons, EAB thanks for the idea ill get on that when i get some spare time, keep the ideas coming guys your helping alot, and if any of the board sponsors are intrested pm me and ill answer any ?'s you guys have

·
Registered
55 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Jan 29 2007, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
for hotels, i got an idea !!! find where you will be racing and if there is a chain or more than just one hotel such as American inn. try to see if they will sponser you and get good deals on rooms. I know people are going to be saying that aint ganna happen. but its worth a shot[/b]
Back when I was racing I was sponsored by Americinn. The problem with most chain hotels is they are individually owned, so the best Americinn corporate could get me was a business rate, no free rooms. 10 bucks off is cool, but you can get the same rate by saying you have a triple a card too.

When you are first starting out it'd very tough to get free stuff. There are hundreds, probably thousands of Snocross racers in the country trying to get sponsored so you really have to be able to show them good results and have it all put together in a nice resume too.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ttt got alot of stuff out there and have had some luck just figure closer to in season now and wanted to see if anyone had intrest i can email someone a copy of our race resume if anyone is intrested

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm guessing you are racing RMR west?
Your racer package should have information on how to get sponsors. If not email RMR they should be able to give you some pointers.
Good luck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
What ever you do - do not post this on Hardcoresledder. You will get eaten alive!

I fish the Bass Devision of the FLW and had to campaign for sponsors. Here my process of getting sponsors was simply use the product, write them a letter and tell them how much you liked it, and then tell them you want to promote it as a part of their pro staff. Its going to make your life a lot easier in the long run. Personally if they gave me a rod, bait, or anything at cost... it was a bonus. And thats all its going to be when you start, a certain percent discount until you've proven yourself.

Also the resume is an excellent idea! Promote yourself though your communication skills. How you can help them because you can do this, and some random cant. Show them you use their product in a way they intend to use it. And be prepared to jump hoop after hoop after hoop. Its fun, if you really dont NEED the cash to continue the hobby. Good luck.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the info nightfire I tried here and hcs end of last winter and got absolutely nothing, here was defenitly more helpful. Then I decided to take matters into my own hands and looked at site sponsors and what they have to offer and if i needed something i pm'd the person and that worked out great. Shawn is there any races this yr with all 3 circuits combined like usually its at pit x but i havent really looked lately. Will you be up in Malone?? I will be at the races but not to race to watch because my dad lives up there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meangreenF5 @ Oct 25 2007, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Shawn is there any races this yr with all 3 circuits combined like usually its at pit x but i havent really looked lately. Will you be up in Malone?? I will be at the races but not to race to watch because my dad lives up there.[/b]

I don't think we are going to Malone this year unless we pick up a couple more sponsors.
But we do have a new sponsor to add to our list...

SLEDNECKS :super_happy:

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really like there race gear do you have an email or phone number of someone I could get in contact with for a sponsorhip, becasue are FXR contract is up next month

1 - 20 of 22 Posts