Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new snopro 500. Has anyone put a silencer on one yet? The only one I can find is the snostuff rumble pack. Whats all out there?? thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
speedwerx has a y pipe and fat daddy pipe as well as a silencer, but to honest cat has done a great job with that exhaust and more then likely you might lose a few hp or stay the same but lose some weight.

·
Registered
139 Posts
A y-pipe would help hp, and isnt too high of a price to power increase ratio, the pipe might be a lot of money for the increase, though I havnt priced one so I can not say for sure, and a silencer will almost guarantee to lose you horsepower, more than the loss in weight could possibly make up for. (stock silencer is already pretty small)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Skinz and straightline performance does not loose any HP on the doos, so maybe its the same for cats. something to check out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
speedwerx has a y pipe and fat daddy pipe as well as a silencer, but to honest cat has done a great job with that exhaust and more then likely you might lose a few hp or stay the same but lose some weight.

you will not loose with speedwerx if you do the pipe you will gain about 4 to 5 hp and loose like around 5-10 lb not sure on exact numbers but the y-pipe is useless according to speedwerx stock is fine and you will not loose hp with the speedwerx can jus loose bout 4lb and be a little louder

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
you will not loose with speedwerx if you do the pipe you will gain about 4 to 5 hp and loose like around 5-10 lb not sure on exact numbers but the y-pipe is useless according to speedwerx stock is fine and you will not loose hp with the speedwerx can jus loose bout 4lb and be a little louder
If you run the speedwerx can and pipe your going to have to run there power commander V. If looking to save some weight you can just run the lightweight muffler or if you want make some noise D&D make a 500 barker sounds really good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you run the speedwerx can and pipe your going to have to run there power commander V. If looking to save some weight you can just run the lightweight muffler or if you want make some noise D&D make a 500 barker sounds really good.
No, you dont have to have to, you will still gain bout 5hp if you dont use the power comander, but if you do there will just be a larger gain and i would highly recoment choosing somthing other than D&D all the do is make noise, they have no bafling so you dont get any back pressure and so you loose around 5-8 hp from it. if you are looking to make noise there are alot better options than D&D.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
No, you dont have to have to, you will still gain bout 5hp if you dont use the power comander, but if you do there will just be a larger gain and i would highly recoment choosing somthing other than D&D all the do is make noise, they have no bafling so you dont get any back pressure and so you loose around 5-8 hp from it. if you are looking to make noise there are alot better options than D&D.

If you have 2011 The controller is needed with the pipe, not with the muffler. (SpeedWerx)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts