Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 11' sno pro 500. So the lights that Arctic Cat put in these sleds are fog light bulbs. So riding at night isn't very fun for me. The high beams are laughable. Now I did just swap out my high beams for xenons, but I havnt tried them out yet. But as for low beams does anyone know of some good bulbs or even a good conversion LED or HID kit?

·
Super Moderator
8,222 Posts
You need to bend the tabs to aim them right. Fog lights are the worst choice for snow. They are to high on the Kelvin scale and will reflect back too much. You want a 4K bulb

·
Super Moderator
8,222 Posts
The lights in the sp500 are an after thought. They are the same lights they used in their 4 wheelers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to bend the tabs to aim them right. Fog lights are the worst choice for snow. They are to high on the Kelvin scale and will reflect back too much. You want a 4K bulb
Well I cant find any 4k bulbs that are 899 style. Therefore the ones im finding wont fit it in the lense housing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I cant find any 4k bulbs that are 899 style. Therefore the ones im finding wont fit it in the lense housing.
take the lamps out and carefully trim (shave) the top of the light openings in the hood so they can be properly adjusted downwards further without stopping against the plastic.

with the lamps pointing in the proper direction I use the (893) 37.5W extreme white in the low beams
Hella Optilux 893 12V 37.5W Extreme White XB Bulb

and use (893) 37.5W amber blubs in the high beams
Optilux Hella H71071192 XY Series 893 Xenon Yellow Halogen Bulbs, 12V, 37.5W
both available from that big online retailer : )

when properly adjusted and with good quality HALOGEN bulbs of higher wattage, these headlights work just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts