Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy was riding his Sabercat through a couple of bumps and suddenly heard a terrible sound.

At first he thought chaincase and when he opened it all the gearing fell out but he snapped the driveshaft right after the threads. bang your head

Anyone ever heard of this?

To me it sounds almost impossible

·
Read Only
0 Posts
one and only, i used to have a 2004 sabercat500Lx and i tell you what not problem whats so ever. I think that was the only snowmobile that cat did a damn good job on. well actually the hole f-series and sabercats are. Mine had no problems, except for the recalls. never herd of this yet. Oh by the way we have bad luck in are house and family so if i didnt happen to us i dont think it will happen to many other people.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my 04 f6 is in the shop right now for a track change and clutching, they called me and told me my jackshaft was spinning inside the bearing on the clutch side, looked at it and it was grooved about 1/8 of an inch, i guess we got lucky and caught it before it broke.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious, is there a nut or a bolt that holds your lower gear on the driveshaft? I have a friend of mine snapped the gear off of his drive-shaft on a 99 ZL 600. After closer inspection he found that he had a bolt tapped into the end of his drive shaft in effect making it almost hollow. He ended up replacing it with a ZR drive-shaft which is solid with a threaded stud on the end for a nut. You may have the same issue between a Sabercat and a Firecat. If that is the case just replace your drive-shaft with a FC drive-shaft which is solid with a nut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts