Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 650 v twin. My choke was stuck on for a while or frozen up. I took it apart and freed it up, changed the oil, changed the spark plugs. It smokes like crazy and seems to be using a lot of oil. It runs rough, like it is missing. I took it to the dealer and they said it was bad gas. They drained it and said it was fine. It still runs rough and smokes. Is it the rings or what. It is in very good shape besides that. What should I do it has been to two dealers. Do Arctic dealers know what they are doing? Trade it or fix it?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'd check the compression. If it was over fueling for a long time it may have washed the cylinders and now its loosing compression.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You could try a heavier weight of oil, say 20-50 this might help, but Im with cub on the problem being caused by flooding the running engine with raw gas for a long time, I know you said you changed the oil, but was it after all your choke issues was fixed, if not change it because thel extra fuel going into the motor can bypass the rings and get into the crankcase thining the oil out and making it burn easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts