Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems my 06 V2 has started to smoke when i start it up..oil level is fine..wonder if this is things to come..it has around 150 miles on it.. :stop_nono: Anyone eles V2 do this?...Thanks for any info....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes i forgot its oil...blue smoke..after a bit it will stop....Thinking maybe a valve seal?..

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
If it's burning oil with only 150 miles on it, I'd say you had best take it to the dealer. I have an old Suzuki that puffs blue/white smoke when I fire it up cold. It's caused as you said. Valve seals leaking hot oil down into the cylinder after it's been run. When you fire it up cold, it smokes until the engine warms up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My 04 V2 doesnt smoke but it did have an issue w/ oil in the air cleaner due to being overfilled and it getting in the airbox, and then getting to the engine via the carbs.
My dealer took care of it, and per Arctic Cat it's best on the V2's to keep the oil level below the full mark. Ive done so & havent had any other issues. It does sound like possible valve guide seal(s) but 1 thing you may want to do, is have someone behind you and accelerate hard then decel then come back on the throttle hard, and if it puffs blue its a sign of weak rings.
I do agree w/ the other posts as far as get it to the dealer to at least have the condition documented in case it gets worse or becomes a severe issue after the warranty runs out you'll at least have it on record. Also dont use anything but regular oil til it's fully broken in. Anything like slick 50, stp etc will prevent the parts properly seating in.
You may want the dealer to do a wet & dry compression test along w/ a cylinder leakdown test as well. Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
wooza, make sure that you turn that fuel valve off when trailering/hauling it around. That will give you issues as well. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks Sanny. I live about 100 yards from the trails so I dont trailer. Dont even have a pick-up, but thanks for the heads up. Youve been right on w/ all the info youve given me in the past & I do appreciate it! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts