·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Associated Press
Arctic Cat 2Q profit falls on lower sales
Associated Press, 10.29.09, 11:31 AM EDT

MINNEAPOLIS -- Arctic Cat Inc. said Thursday its fiscal second-quarter profit fell 13 percent as demand for its snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles were hurt by tough economic conditions.

For the quarter ended Sept. 30, Arctic Cat earned $14.8 million, or 81 cents per share, down from $16.9 million, or 93 cents per share, in the same quarter last year.

Sales fell 19 percent to $166.3 million from $204.3 million as snowmobile and ATV sales dropped 19 percent to $137.5 million and sales of parts, garments and accessories fell 16 percent to $28.8 million.[/b]

·
Registered
401 Posts
didnt someone on here just post something a couple of weeks ago that gave stats and what not saying arctic cat was doing fairly well?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
if they would work on the financing dept that would probably help....went in for another wheeler and they now want you to have a 725 credit score for their financing while i was approved for a can am(decided against the can am at the last minute..dealer didnt wanna throw in a warranty or helmet). That would probably help somewhat..but thats my opinion..i know they want higher scores when it comes to toys but dang a year ago i had a lil worse score than i have now and they approved me then...

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
YES, not to long ago there was a post on here saying Arctic Cat did good.

I said this before: I don't know anything about snomobiles or even know how much they cost, but if Arctic Cat would come down with their prices, they would probably do better in the atv area. I purchased 3 brand new atv's in a one year period from AC in 2006-2007. I would like to have another but the prices seem a little to steep for me to get one right now. The other manufacturers are around the same BUT most of them have power steering included in that price with LE or SE packages costing around the same or just a little more that the regular model AC's.

I also have accessories books from 2004-2010 and the jump in price for the same exact accessories is crazy! They can't just blame the economy for their decline in sales, maybe they can look at their prices also and figure something out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sure you can blame Arctic Cat pricing on their slumping sales. It is the economy more than anything. As an industry ATV/Dirt bike sales were down 32% in October compared to October 2008 sales figures (source DealerNews.com). With few exceptions, people purchase ATVs for recreation and when you have to tighten your financial belt, recreation is one of first things to get cut. As much as you can get an apples-to-apples comparison between Arctic Cat and say, Polaris, yes, Arctic Cat is higher priced somewhat. But then I also happen to think you are also getting a better product. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
the prices i dont think are that bad..they are comparable to can am and polaris...yamaha is a bit more expensive and kawi and suzuki are a lil cheaper. Honda is up and down depending on the model but i think they are comparable in accessories on the le and se with the exception of power steering. I do agree however with what you said about the accesorries OFFICIAL Cat ware and accessories are ungodly expensive. They need to right size their costs with the current market or risk losing some loyal customers because most ppl that have a cat snowmobile automatically want a four wheeler but when they start to shop around they realize that may not be the best idea sometime...all depends on the dealer too.some will throw in alot of freebies for a good bang for your buck and other really nit pick on everything...

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Not sure about Can Am and Polaris being near the same price as Arctic Cat. A new Can Am 800 in Canada is more then a new Tcat 1000 and an 850 Polaris with power steering is a couple of thousand less.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was thinking about buying a new Cat sled but $8, to 10, not going to happen ever flipping crazy for three month ride a year.

·
Premium Member
4,517 Posts
I remember the post, it was the AC quarterly report. The company is doing well, relatively because of cost cutting, reduced inventory and having little debt. Sales are down for eveyone, so don't read to much into this.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The street liked the quarterly results too. ACAT was up 17% that day (granted it had been on a losing streak but still). The reason they are in good shape is they have zero short term debt, increased margin, and are well positioned for the economic rebound (whenever that comes). Gauging corporate performance on sales right now is not going to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts