Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of slop in my bars. when i turn my bars, i bet i have an inch or more of play until i actually start turning my skis. i've had my sled for a while now and it turns fine, it just make darting a whole lot more noticable and it just feels like its about to fall off. I tried extending the arm that connects the steering post to the ski post but that didnt work, just turned my bars when the skis were straight... Any ideas?

·
Registered
279 Posts
i have the same thing in my f6 and i looked at it last week and the update on the steering ( the metal block with 2 bolts on it) was lose so i tightned it and that wasnt it. If you look in the column where the steering post goes through by the gas tank there is some plastic there that gets rubbed away and thats what was causing mine to be sloppy. Hope that helps

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ thats what im thinkin.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
my o5 s/c had the same problem I changed the steering post to a (f/c post more options for risers)but the ball in the bottom of the post wheres out (bolts through the front cooler and is non greaseable)mine had a lot of play in it also ,this summer i did all the tie rod ends to no more play in the bars
I also bought new tie rod links because the first tie rod broke off in the aluminum.put the old in the trailer for spares. never siezed the crap out of the new ones

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
Mine does it and it drive me nuts. So i tightened up the bolts on the steering column, in front of the fuel tank and it didn't change anything. I tightened up the bolt at the bottom of the steering column under the tunnel, nothing.

After really looking at it, I'd say its the tie rod ends just starting to have a little play in them. I'm thinking about changing them to see if it does anything.

BLACK CAT, did you change that ball in the bottom of the post to? Did you change all the tie rods, or just on the steering post under the hood?

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
I changed everything but the nylon piece near the tank,and the steering rod from the s/p to the steering arm under the hood.
all 8 tie rod ends ,and all the aluminum tie rod links .a little play in 8 t/r adds to a lot in the bars.to change the ball in the s/p would be alot of work a new post was 30$(+-)t/r ends 12-15$ the alm rods 10$
I changed them all and put the old ones in the trailer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts