Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2008 Arctic Cat 700 H1 efi, recently it started to hesitate or do a jerk jerk when I just start to go, like something is slipping or not engaging, it's even at times reved up like it in nuetral. Any idea's??

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I've got a 2008 Arctic Cat 700 H1 efi, recently it started to hesitate or do a jerk jerk when I just start to go, like something is slipping or not engaging, it's even at times reved up like it in nuetral. Any idea's??
Belt slip or wet clutch is going south.

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
Did you recently do a oil change by chance? The wrong oil will cause wet clutch problems.

Water and/or worn belt will cause the symptoms you described too. You need to pull the cover and inspect it.

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts
A worn belt with a lot of belt dust in the clutch will do this also and hopefully thats all it is.
A new belt is still costly but a clutch cleaning is free.
Our 07 700 did this and a new belt fixed it. this particular quad did all the snowplowing chores since it was new and just started acting up late last winter. The belt was 1/8th of an inch narrower than new and the clutch was black.
$ 200 later ( new belts price) and compressed air to both clutches ( wear a resperator) and all fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts