Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOTHING BUT AIR

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what most of us use, I have used Slime and also the Highlifter red stuff.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
We've used slime for years and the only flat we've had is a locust thorn that went through the sidewall, just off the treads. Plugged it and nary a problem since.
JD

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Had slime in my badlands XTR's (they sucked) so far just air in my mudlite XTR's

·
Registered
44 Posts
Slime here, it helps prevent those slow leakers caused by thorns and other small objects. It is just a quick kind of insurance I guess.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Used slime but it is a mess when you change tires, went to 6ply tires and air, no problems, but I carry a 12 volt compressor and plugs with me.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If we could afford them the tire balls are bullet proff.I am going to be going to the hillbilly tire balls, tubes.The way I look at it is if when I demolition derbied"cars"I always had just tubes never got a flat and that was with all kinda crap being ran over Just used 6 ply farm truck tires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I use a big truck tire sealant. it is sorta of a reddish pink color so it is easy to find so if you look your tires over and you have a pucture you can see the pink color. I put the stuff in all of my non car tires. it is 80 bucks for a 5 gallon bucket of it but have not had a flat yet

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nothing but air for me. I have used the Arctic Cat stuff in my dad's Popo, but I think his tires were going flat due to the huge amout of :turd: that was riding on 'em... :wheelie:

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
tubes all the wayhad in in the front of my machine since like 35okm and just put tubes in therear tires the other week
sumtimes my front tire would come off the bead because of me jumpin it and i wouldnt know until i put it on the truck or trailer
so thats why i say tubes all theway

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Had to buy an air comp. to carry with when I had the Badlands on it, Nothing but Air for the Mud Lite XTR's they haven't lost one pound yet even in below zero temps

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have used bergmans tire sealant some and slime(depends on which vechile and time it was put in). The slime works better then the bergmans from my experance but either one is better than no sealant in my opinion.The ac stuff and the highlifter stuff are the same product.Also I belive kawi product.They are all licenced to run the product but packaged differenty.I have heard great things about it and have herd it will help seal side wall leaks where the others wont.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Slime is good stuff!

Tastes good on toast too! :tongue_nana:

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I run slime as needed. Works great, I tore a big hole in my one of my rear stockers, patched it from the inside and slimed it and had no problems with it. I just put on new 27" Swamp Fox Plus's and had an issue with the rear tire going flat over night. Tried new stems, new rim, re-cleaning/seating of the bead and rim to no avail. Put in a bottle of slime and no issues.

Does make a hell of a mess, when it comes to changing the tires, so I prefer to keep nothing but air if I can help it.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I used that black tire glue on my beads when we mounted my new XTR's so they can't leak on the bead at all worked great but may be a prob. if I ever have to take them off

·
Registered
332 Posts
All four Badlands have Slime, 1 front has a side wall plug , 1 back has duck tape over the hole from the inside then a tube.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I was going to use slime at one time but decided not to. I've had 6 ply tires and no problems. I had about a 3" gash in my 589's and they held up just fine.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I tried that slime stuff and was not impressed. I will not waste my money again.
Kenny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts