Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us were wondering in another thread if anyone knows the answer to this for sure:

If you run the new F chassis without the rear susp coupler blocks or the mounting blocks, will the sliding front torque arm stay in its place, or is there a chance it'll move rearward far enough to come off the shaft? Anyone have any firsthand knowledge and/or experience with this? Thanks! – Roy

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS Dan @ Jan 14 2007, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
mine would of fallen out already then.. no it's fine for sure..[/b]
Dan, so you've been riding... TRAIL riding without your blocks and mounting studs on a new F sled for a while now then? – Roy

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
First thing I did was take the blocks out, then again I still haven't had enough snow to ride it yet

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Houleigan @ Jan 14 2007, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
First thing I did was take the blocks out, then again I still haven't had enough snow to ride it yet[/b]
So... like mine, no problem just sitting in the garage... LOL! – Roy

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f1pete @ Jan 14 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kinda wrecks the handling does it ? It did on my zr. or is the f chassis that much different?[/b]
It's just something you have to take the few minutes and try for yourself. Some guys like it better, some don't. To each their own taste. I think the heavier a guy is (compared to my 140ish lbs. anyway) the more likely you'll want to leave 'em in, but again, you just won't know unless or until you try it for yourself. That'll be far better than anything you read on any forum! – Roy

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
All the testing we did on my sled for the Shootout was done without the blocks. It was on the bumper a few times with the rear arm collapsed pretty far and had no problems. I had the Grip N Rip adjusters too loose to start with. :eek:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The Firecat limiter strap adjusters will work on the new sleds. Probably does need one built for the F1000, but the Firecat ones still work fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts