Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, newbie here is getting a bit frustrated searching for what should be a simple answer. I keep getting overwhelmed with responses that don't seem to contain the info I want.
I have a 96 EXT EFI Deluxe 580 in need of slide bar replacement. I just bought this sled and it is my first, its in great shape otherwise. Could someone be so kind and to direct me to some of the pages on here that would deal with this. Been on searching for over an hour and will continue but it sure would be easier if I was lead by the hand :)
Thanks much in advance :)

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Here's what you need to do:

1. Remove the retaining bolts near the front of the hyfax. You'll need a screw driver and a wrench that can fit into the groove to hold the nut while you unscrew the screw.

2. Align your track so you have an open window immediately behind the rear of the hyfax. Note that you may want to loosen your track to aide in the open window/hyfax alignment.

3. Use a screw driver or something else to tap on the hyfax to get it started moving through the track window.

Note: Some people will try spraying WD40 or silicone spray along the hyfax groove to loosen it up a bit. Make sure you don't tap the screw driver too hard that it goes through the hyfax and into your rails ... not good!

4. Once the rear of the hyfax is through the window a few inches, take a vice grips and clamp on. You should then be able to slowly pull the hyfax out (you may need another person to continue tapping the hyfax out from the rail).

5. After the old hyfax are removed, spray your new hyfax with some silicone spray and reverse the process.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Just to add to what Labonte said. I've found that once the slide is tapped back enough that you can grab it normally one quick pull will take it all the way off. When putting the new one on cut it at a 45* angle so that the track moves around it easier too. Just take your time putting the new slide on making sure you line it up good and not gouge the hyfax at first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts