Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 ZR 600 carb. Sled was running fine and then it started to bog out severely and then it came out of it for a bit. It did it again about 10 minutes later and came out of it again. It did it again for a third time and never came out of it. It will start right up and idle, but give it some throttle and it just wants to bog right down and spitter n sputter. I believe the TSS has been disconnected but am not 100% sure. What I see under the pad is: 4 sets of wires. I have 1 set going to the thumb warmer, and 1 set for the hand warmer. I have a set of 3 small wires(green, yellow, and black) going into a 3 way plug and a set of yellow, purple, and brown. It appears that the yellow has been cut from something, and the purple has been cut and has a blue butt connector on it. These purple and brown wires go to a 2 plug lower on the steering post. Am I missing a plug or something? The sled has never done this since I have owned it. I can text pics to someone if that will help. Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went and started it in the garage and it seems to be running just fine now. Climbs right up in rpms with no bogging out. I did find the 3rd set of wires belongs to the thumb warmer element itself. So the last set of wires which are the yellow, brown, and purple should belong to the TSS. But the question is where did the yellow go that is cut? The spliced purple and the brown go into a 2 prong connector. Still think this is a TSS issue or something different now that it seems to run just fine?

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Next time it bogs out stop and swap the plugs with fresh ones. My sled was acting the same except mine wouldn't rev past 5000. Swapped plugs and problem went away

Sent from somewhere in MN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts