Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOOD DAY EH !

WELCOME FROM DA GREAT WHITE NORT.....SINCE THERE IS VERY LITTLE SNOW ANYWHERE, HERE IS A TEST REPORT FROM 3 WEEKS AGO AT THE TOP SECRET "MONKERY" IN THE KEWANEE!

SLED: 1000 CROSSFIRE

MODS: 192 STUDS
SPEEDWORKS "Y" PIPE
V-FORCE REEDS

RIDE: 92 MILES GROOMED TRAIL, 25 DEGREES

RESULTS: EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THE FIRST RIDE, RIDE AND HANDLING WAS GREAT! BEEN RIDING CATS
LONG TRACKS FOR YEARS AND THIS IS THE BEST ONE YET. CLUTCHING WAS GOOD, DIDN'T
NOTICE ANY DEAD SPOTS, ACCELARATION WAS KILLER, EVEN GOT USED TO THE (WHAT I
THOUGHT) TOO HIGH MOUNTAIN HANDLEBARS, KINDA FEELS LIKE YOU'RE RIDIN A CHOPPER!
TINK DIS ONE WILL GIVE THE MACHS A RUN AND MAY EVEN GIVE THE "F'S" A RUN IN 1000 FEET!
OF COURSE THERE NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER 100 OR SO MILES TO PROPERLY BREAK IN THE BELT AND
THE MOTOR, AND THEN WE WILL SEE. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME EVER THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY NOT
RUN A SLED "BALLS TO THE WALL OUT OF THE CRATE" BUT WIT A $150.00 BELT THAT NEEDS TO BE
BROKE IN THAT CHANGES TINGS A LITTLE!

SO THE BEST I HIT WAS 75......CONSIDERING IT WAS MY 1 1/2 YEAR OLDS FIRST LONG RIDE......
I HAD THE WIFE TO CONSIDER...... ONLY COMPLAINT WAS THE TOTALLY NASTY VIBRATION AT
IDLE....IDLE WAS AT 1700 TO 1900 BUT IT SHOOK RATTLED AND ROLLED WORSE THAN BILL HALEY!
NEEDS TO GET UP TO AROUND 2500, DEALER DIDN'T KNOW WHAT LEVEL YOU COULD GO UP TO
BEFORE THE REVERSE WOULDN'T KICK IN. IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE LET ME KNOW, IT WOULD
SAVE ALOT OF TRIAL AND ERROR.

ALL AND ALL.......SEEMS LIKE THIS ONE IS GONNA BE A GREAT SLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
3000 is as high as the sensor goes before deactivation and i think zrman is right about activation. nice review and hope you have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.