Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a lift so its easier to work on my sleds. Does anyone have any reccomendations as to where to get one from, or what to look for?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just got one a few weeks ago and it is great. Most of them do not come with wheels though. I would suggest getting the optional wheel kit. I shopped all over the place and the best price for a quality lift was found at smartrecparts.com They provide free shipping and 15% off the price when you order online and no sales tax. My total was $290 including the wheel kit and it was at my door the next day. It works great.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree build your own, I used those exact same plans and I saved way over half price. $132 total to be exact

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd like to know where you guys are getting your steel from, my local steel place is giving me a price of about 165 dollars for everything needed to build one of those lift, about the same to buy one for me

·
Registered
178 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarcF @ Jan 13 2007, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd like to know where you guys are getting your steel from, my local steel place is giving me a price of about 165 dollars for everything needed to build one of those lift, about the same to buy one for me[/b]
I went to a welding shop and got mine, They even cut it all to length for me. If I were you I'd try a different place/town.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I bought mine from a place here in Saskatoon that recycles scrap iron. They have lots of old stock that was damaged or bent and short pieces. 1/4 of the cost.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRBIGA @ Jan 12 2007, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Got mine from Greg at Monster Contracting, he had some buy it now for $160 on ebay, wheel kit was $65, works great![/b]

That's where I got mine from ,but not that Ebay deal, but still s good deal! And great people to work with!

·
Registered
238 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Panther500F @ Jan 13 2007, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarcF @ Jan 13 2007, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to know where you guys are getting your steel from, my local steel place is giving me a price of about 165 dollars for everything needed to build one of those lift, about the same to buy one for me[/b]
I went to a welding shop and got mine, They even cut it all to length for me. If I were you I'd try a different place/town.
[/b][/quote]

not in this town, this is the Soo, one of everything, no competition really bang your head

1 - 11 of 11 Posts