Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a rear skid out of a 01 zr 800 bolt into my 97 ZR 440, or is their some mods that need to be done. My stock skid has some screwed up holes so its going to need replaced.

Thanks

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I'm pretty sure that will be a direct swap. Both should be "TSL" skids and I assume they are both 121". To be sure measure the distance between your front and rear mounting holes and have the seller of the skid do the same.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys yes they are 121 skid. I found a real nice skid out of a 01 800 it doesn't have shocks tho, will my stock shocks off my 97 skid work on the 01 skid?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Thanks for the info guys yes they are 121 skid. I found a real nice skid out of a 01 800 it doesn't have shocks tho, will my stock shocks off my 97 skid work on the 01 skid?
Yep it should. The rails might look slightly different between your 97 and the 01 but as far as I know a TSL skid from a ZR chassis through the years has the same suspension travel and the mount points are the same. You can have a look at www.alpha-sports.com and look at the parts diagrams to compare the two. A lot of the part number will likely be different but it should mount right in.

·
Registered
438 Posts
yes , should bolt up and shocks will work aaaaand if you drill holes in the right place you can attach coupler blocks ,just check to see if the rear of the lower scissor arm is gusseted where it will contact the blocks

·
Registered
10,301 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
On the same topic I just aquired a 01 zr 800 donor sled with a rear skid that someone put ohlins front and rear shocks will this bolt in my 97 thundercat and this summer the front will finally get done with aglt mod with the front end from same sled cant wait

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the links and help guys, as for the tcat I'm going to assume if your ou is a tls skid it should bolt in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts