Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is involved in removing a skid with a remote shock? Is it just a matter or removing he line from the shock and then taking the skid out? sorry if this is a stupid question but I have no idea if the line is charge with air, oil, pixie dust or nothing at all. I guess I really don't know how it works. I just don't want to start removing things to find out after that I shouldn't have.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MIKE,

I have to do a track swap this summer on my 97 ZR440, so is it just a simplle plug it back in when installing then? No air in line, etc. worries?

Thanks!
I found the connector under the secondary. I haven't unplugged it yet but it looks just like a hydraulic connector so I imagine everything stays closed off after unplugging.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes it does. You might get a little fluid on your hands but that should be it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Trp97-
I know you addressed your question to mike but when you plug it back in there's nothing special that needs to be done.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
It's just a hydraulic quick connect.
Same as an air fitting.
Slide the outside collar back and male end pops out.
Slide collar back and insert male end, just make sure collar returns all the way forward. if not it is not connected.
Back off the top adjuster and let the pressure off before disconnecting.
The fitting is located down behind the secondary, as Dave already found out.
The male fitting just fits thru the tunnel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.