Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to get new springs to put my skid together. Now i got it together and tried compressing with ratchet strap the rear and its extremely stiff. barely get it to move and with alot of force. Is this normal? here is a pic, thats with the straps cranked almost as far as i can go.

image ru

·
Registered
508 Posts
This is another way I use to install skids in cats,(including TSS). Now I have a solid mount on the ceiling to hook up straps to support the rear of the sled,the front of the sled I raise about 4 inches to give clearance to get the skid in the tunnel,hook up the front arms. I will then raise the rear of the sled high enough to clear the springs that I unhook from the skid mounting point and they hang free,use a block or small jack to raise the skid into the rear of the tunnel,there is no pressure from the springs so you can ease the TSS into possition and bolt up. Lower back down and hook springs back up. I've installed both ways,this seems to work well for me as I'm not working against the springs and there's no ratchet straps to try to release in the tunnel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
This is another way I use to install skids in cats,(including TSS). Now I have a solid mount on the ceiling to hook up straps to support the rear of the sled,the front of the sled I raise about 4 inches to give clearance to get the skid in the tunnel,hook up the front arms. I will then raise the rear of the sled high enough to clear the springs that I unhook from the skid mounting point and they hang free,use a block or small jack to raise the skid into the rear of the tunnel,there is no pressure from the springs so you can ease the TSS into possition and bolt up. Lower back down and hook springs back up. I've installed both ways,this seems to work well for me as I'm not working against the springs and there's no ratchet straps to try to release in the tunnel.
I did the same thing. Used my pulley thing for hanging deer. Worked great. You can buy one for $20 or less at Cableas, Gander Mountain etc.

To the OP...Like seanod76 said go from the top of the rear shock mount to the bottom of the rear shock mount (parallel to the shock) and it will compress easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts