Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to double check something. My track sliders have seen better days.
The manual says I can remove the whole assy without having to remove the track and do the dreaded shaft-pull
ie, remove the skid frame and leave the track looped around the drive sprocket?
....is this right? I've never been this deep inside the machine before.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
Yep. loosen track and unbolt the 4 bolts holding it in the tunnel. It takes a bit of work but it comes out. Do what you can on it before you install it again. ie bearings or shock bushings.
Best to hang the sled like I posted in you other thread. Jack and plywood under track to let it down.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy as hell to remove, but what a bastard to re-install
I have the two front bolts in, but when I lower it a bit, the two rear bolts are about 1" off
Its like I have to jam the entire track FORWARD one inch, but I cant do that now that the two front bolts are in
I noticed the torsion springs have this triangular 3 way cam, can setting that at a different position change things?

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
Some guys wrap a strap around track to compress it. All I do is tighten track until rear axle lines up to holes in tunnel and install the bolts. Then I adjust track tension as required. It’s real easy this way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it eventually, I tightened the shi# out of it and it just pulled the bolt holes straight down (not left or right)
I un tightened it, lowered it back down and voila! It all lined up....no idea what happened, but I put those bolts in quick before something changed its mind !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts