Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tinkering today cause of lack of work, measured the toe for the ski's. Found it to be a whooping 5/8" out!!! I checked the manual for the specs 0 - 1/4". I put mine at 3/8" out unless any of you think I should go with less. Open to opinions. Only have rode it for 26 miles since I bought it a couple months ago. The only thing I noticed with the sled is it's tippyness, the susp. was set too soft. Made the adjustments to susp. just haven't had the snow fall to see any changes.
Also I measured the APV cables, seems the guy I bought it from didn't change the cable adjustment from the 34mm to the 36mm-38mm. With this change did any of you see a performance difference???? Was a little over 33mm now set to 37mm.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I measured on the ski saddle about 5" from the spindle each way, seemed the most reliable way since the plastic ski's vary. So with this so close to the spindle the actual toe-out would be huge. I checked for damage to the front suspension, and found nothing. I can't figure it out. The guy I bought it from was not very mechanically inclined so I dought he messed with it. Besides he said he took it in to the dealer for anything that had to be done.
:)
According to my manual the APV valve cable measurement IS 36-38mm. I guess this was a recall that wasn't done.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slncapri @ Jan 12 2007, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I measured on the ski saddle about 5" from the spindle each way, seemed the most reliable way since the plastic ski's vary. So with this so close to the spindle the actual toe-out would be huge. I checked for damage to the front suspension, and found nothing. I can't figure it out. The guy I bought it from was not very mechanically inclined so I dought he messed with it. Besides he said he took it in to the dealer for anything that had to be done.
:)
According to my manual the APV valve cable measurement IS 36-38mm. I guess this was a recall that wasn't done.[/b]
cat recommends using the front carbide stud, and the rear one for the measuring points,,, i'd have loved to seen the variance there!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts