Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the video?
Drag race and snow cross ?
It's on the ski-doo web site, races and compares the Yamaha RTX, Dragon and the F8 against the new Rev 800. What do you guys think of the results?
Next year could turn out to be interesting.

·
Registered
120 Posts
where is it on dootalk? also with all the upgrades and remapping of fuel on the 2008 F8 sounds like it will be quicker, faster etc.. and should eliminate alot of the problems had with the 07's but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It is also on a DVD that Ski Doo is sending out right now. They even have guys from the magazines saying how much better the Doo is. I bet the other mfgs are not happy with the mag guys about that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smokin @ Apr 16 2007, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone seen the video?
Drag race and snow cross ?
It's on the ski-doo web site, races and compares the Yamaha RTX, Dragon and the F8 against the new Rev 800. What do you guys think of the results?
Next year could turn out to be interesting.[/b]
can you add the link?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The site is www.ski-doo.com go on Rev-XP and it will take you to the lightweight video and then go on the Rev-xp challenges, sno cross and drag race. It's a pain but worth it. Hope this helps

·
Registered
412 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smokin @ Apr 16 2007, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The site is www.ski-doo.com go on Rev-XP and it will take you to the lightweight video and then go on the Rev-xp challenges, sno cross and drag race. It's a pain but worth it. Hope this helps[/b]
Gotta' admit, that WAS pretty cool, and pretty well done! Nice job Ski-Doo and kudos to whoever came up with that idea in the marketing department! Too bad (or maybe a GOOD thing?!) they didn't include an F1000 in that drag race as well! – Roy

·
Registered
460 Posts
Cool video!!

The Sno-X video is kind of a joke, it's not hard to tell that he's really hanging it out there on the Doo compared to the other 3, especially at the end when they show them all cornering in slow motion.....check out how far he's hanging off the Doo compared to the other 3.

Still cool though, especially if you like Doo.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Guys, one major problem here. The Doo is a PROTOTYPE! So you are running 3 box stock 2007 sleds with warranty (rich calibration, crap clutching) against a lean and mean prototype. Remember the 03 F7's that were run at haydays?? That 03 F7 would give the doo all it could handle....in 2003! Those sleds were in the 150hp range and 430#.

Another thing. What was second place in the sno-x? 6+ seconds behind? NOT POSSIBLE. Unless Blair is driving the Doo and I'm driving the other 3 sleds. 6 seconds is a freaking eternity.

Both the uphill drag race and the flat were BS. No way the doo will be 10-15 lengths faster than the other 3 sleds. I can 100% guarantee that I could have clutched my 03 F5 to run with the box stock F8 for 660'. I'm positive of that. We've seen the hype before and we're seeing it again (F1000...DOH). In PRODUCTION trim it will be much slower. Period.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i watched the video and i was thinking that it wasn't possible to perform a more non objective review then the rags but, once again ski doo raised the bar and even makes the rags look good. the hill climb the cat looked so bad that they used in the second run as a camera sled bringing up the rear with a caption " heres what the race looked like on the arctic cat" the next portion was the drag race and again the cat f8 was bringing up the rear without any weight transfer and wasn't even in the same zip code as the other 3 sleds. the figure 8 in the so called box was the most laughable test as any rider on this forum could have done better than the results posted with the yamaha needing a passport because its figure eight was so large they crossed the border into the states! the last segment was the snow cross and only had one rider riding each sled and the f8 came in second with a comment from the rider towards polaris that they need to do their homework. all in all the rev xp will be a very nice sled and i'm sure some will have problems while others don't kind of like the season we just experienced with our new cats. imo

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got that vid. in the mail yesterday, and said what the hell i'll watch it, and have to admit it was almost as funny as watchin AFV. (americas funniest home videos.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Kudo's to the APEX. 2nd place in the drag race. Not too SHABBY for an OVERWEIGHT 4 cylinder 4 stroke. I told ya the FACTORY clutching on the APEX is nearly spot on. Too bad DOO did'nt do a 1320'+ run so the APEX could reel it in.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ya gotta hand it to SkiDoo for initiatve and imagination. Something different to throw at us. Almost as good as the Skepticals from Yamaha. Doesn't prove much, but good entertainment. I love it!!

Redd

·
Registered
38 Posts
:rofl: Is anyone laughing there ass off??? OMG!!! Now, that is classic entertainment!! What a friggin' joke!!! Oh man, my stomach hurts! If I was Karl Custer, is that how you spell it, you couldn't pay me enough to say ".....the Apex is too heavy to ride aggressively!" He's a pro??? His sponsors are paying him WAY too much if he can't ride an Apex aggressively!!!! slaphappy slaphappy

·
Registered
696 Posts
I only watched it once, but in the first run didnt it look like the Arctic Cat rider either let off the gas abruptly at the line or the clutching fell on its face?

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (otterbob @ Apr 17 2007, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I only watched it once, but in the first run didnt it look like the Arctic Cat rider either let off the gas abruptly at the line or the clutching fell on its face?[/b]
Only watched it once myself as well and didn't the Cat sound funny when they had the "fromthe Cat camera view". If was truly drag racing at the time, then the engine would have been screaming, not sounding like it was shifting a gear like a car...hmmmm?

Great propaganda on Doo's part, but unfortunately, till the sleds are lined up at a "real" race then I will reserve my judgement. Their campaign is working well thought isn't it...we all went and took a look. If this sort of post is going around at all the forums, then they are getting great exposure and everyone is talking about the vids. They have one heck of a marketing department that's for sure!!!

Should impress alot of newbies and Doo die hards!

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRrrr @ Apr 17 2007, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (otterbob @ Apr 17 2007, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only watched it once, but in the first run didnt it look like the Arctic Cat rider either let off the gas abruptly at the line or the clutching fell on its face?[/b]
Only watched it once myself as well and didn't the Cat sound funny when they had the "fromthe Cat camera view". If was truly drag racing at the time, then the engine would have been screaming, not sounding like it was shifting a gear like a car...hmmmm?

Great propaganda on Doo's part, but unfortunately, till the sleds are lined up at a "real" race then I will reserve my judgement. Their campaign is working well thought isn't it...we all went and took a look. If this sort of post is going around at all the forums, then they are getting great exposure and everyone is talking about the vids. They have one heck of a marketing department that's for sure!!!

Should impress alot of newbies and Doo die hards!
[/b][/quote]
Yep, and their helping YAMMI along the way. Cause you know at some point that APEX is going to reel in the 800 REV.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I find it pretty funny myself but it makes me think??? The one thing that I dont believe is the the Dragon is faster then the F8. My buddy on his F8 was racing another budy on the dragon and the F8 was always 4-5 sleds lenths ahead. And trust me they did it over and over again, because my dragon budy thought he had some sled. It really seemed like ski-doo was targeting the arctic cat more then anything. Just my opion...

·
Registered
49 Posts
It most likely won't matter how fast the new banana is cause when the chassis splits in half from being to light (like some Firecats did; no offense to Firecat faithful) a Z120 will pass it by. I would'nt touch that one in the first year unless it was free of course!!!! Cat got it right with the F's where chassis durability is concerned. Just wait; when the consumer gets their hands on the xp the true nature of what they are will show. Can you say "flexible flyer"?

·
Registered
86 Posts
3 stock sleds vs. a prototype does ski doo think the snowmobile world is a bunch of morons???????????? :moon:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts