Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some information on how to Fix the Ski Alignment.. I went for a ride on sled the other day and i noticed that when my ski's are straight my handle bar are turned to the left a little. I am guessing that i need to get me ski's aligned. I did a search but couldn't find anything. Any help would be Great. Thanks in Advance.

JCR

·
Registered
37 Posts
That link doesn't work badcomputer Any other suggestions? I have the same problem only my handle bar is turned to the right a little. Any help on how to fix this would be great!

·
Registered
31 Posts
First off make sure your track alignment is correct.

Place handlebars in a neutral position.

Then place two long straight edges along the track and extend it up to the ski's. You will now need to take meausrements from the same spot on ski (in the front and rear). You then lossen your tie rod ends and adust the alumininum tie rod in the desired way.

You need to have toe out about 1/8" to 1/4". Easy way is to just have a 1/8" on each side.

You can then double check by running tape measure all the way across. Front meausurment should be slightly more as stated above.

Need any more specifics just ask. Be careful on alloy metal. Easy to strip. Make sure you use right size Standard wrench.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Start by centering your bars by measuring from each bar end to a fixed point on both sides of your sled....say the end of the seat or maybe the end of the runnel where it meets the bumper, so long as it will measure the same from side to side. As mentioned, run two long boards that are straight along your track and extend to tip of skis. Make sure they are flush with the track on both sides. You can then adjust your tie rods by loosening the nuts on either end and turning the rods to lengthen or shorten as needed. Make sure you snug up the nuts when done. The two outer rods(#10) will adjust each ski independantly and the center(#16) will adjust both skis in or out. There is also another tie rod that goes from your steering column to the steering shaft knuckle(#2) that can be adjusted as well not shown in pic. Toe out to approx 1/8"- 1/4". It's pretty simple once you get at it. Good luck!

This post has been edited by Wood: Yesterday, 12:14 AM

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks a lot guys for the help and clear explainations. I will look at it this weekend and see how it goes. Should not be a problem now that I know what to look at and adjust.

This site rocks with great information helpful people. :beer_cheers:

Saber

1 - 8 of 8 Posts