Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i sink a 06 crossfire F7 EFI sno pro what will break? will i fry the electronics and stuff? i have sunk ski doo's with carbs before and just tip them upside down and drain water and go.

but this one has a electronic box that is broken off and glued together on it so will i mess that up. it look like its all water tightin it.

who has sunken one like this one??? what will happen?????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
184 Posts
A friend of mine sunk his 05 F7 EFI last year, all he did was drained out the crank case and got the sled completely dry, and it started right up.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
my 2003 f7 got sank by my buddy,it was drained(crankcase,carbs,fuel tank etc.)dried out the seat.
it run rough for about a week.then it came back to life.the backfiring and sputtering stopped.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
next question. anybody ever run aftermarket air filters on these EFI engines? what kind of filter did you use what do i do with the sensor that hooked in the air box? what is these sensor for/what kind of sensor is it?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
OK SO YOUR 14 YEAR OLD, GOT A 06 XFIRE 700 EFI, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO SINK IT AND WHY ?? OH YEAH DID DADDY BUY IT FOR YOU ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you sound like a smart a$$ and my dad has 2 pol's and has been a pol lover for ever, i have 1 brand new race sled doo and im a hardcore snowcross doo lover(#107 MI WPSA), and now i got a cat for my b-day and im turning it into a watercross sled to mess around with so i hope it likes water cause i know my 2 kitties don't. im looking to do some mods to this thing. i have 2 prok filters with pre filters that will fit on this sled and i want to know wat will happen with these filters on it? and wat else i should do to make this thing sweet but cheap. so any pics of these sled on water or cheap mods would be highly appreciated?

thanx

daddy did buy it but it was the best deal i have ever seen on a sled with 155 miles on it.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I dunno how much this cost, but dont they have a switch that you can close all access to the motor,carbs and such things so water can get into them

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Dec 29 2006, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I dunno how much this cost, but dont they have a switch that you can close all access to the motor,carbs and such things so water can get into them[/b]
don't know nuthing bout these thing so that would be cool if they did. can't say the price people only need to know that it was cheap

does anybody know what some good mods to make a water sled are? snow flap no snow?
any pics of these sled on water or cheap mods would be highly appreciated?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Water sled? geesh... I guess having no snow is making people crazy nowadays. :)

Trade it in on a Jet Ski...

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
He didnt ask for anyones opinions on how he got his sleds, and if his dad did buy them so what, more power to ya. I dont know much about watercross prepping but alls I can think of is take the seat off tie a bouy to a rope a little bit longer then the depth of whatever you crossing, keep er pinned and hope you get it shut off before it goes under. good luck

·
Read Only
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Dec 29 2006, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I dunno how much this cost, but dont they have a switch that you can close all access to the motor,carbs and such things so water can get into them[/b]
i little update on this, there are valves that close the intake, spark plugs area, and other places, there is a switch you hit to open it up so you can run the sled, but if you start to sink you hit the switch and it closes everything to motor shut tight

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grizzrock_X7 @ Dec 30 2006, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Water sled? geesh... I guess having no snow is making people crazy nowadays. :)

Trade it in on a Jet Ski...[/b]

i already have 3 stand up's and 2 sit downs but i only have 1 stand up and 1 sit down that run and im going out new years eve and new yers day.

i have been wanting to make a water sled for awhile but my dad wouldn't let me do it to this summit i have so when i got this thing i showed my dad some videos and he said ok.

but on a sled its funner cause everybody looks at you and thinks your crazy.

you don't have to hold it wide open you just have to go fast enough not to sink

im taking the seat off, puting a rope on it, hooking up a tether, sealing the belly pan and everything to stop water from hitting te belt, i donno if im taking the snow flap off.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was just playing with you, do whatever you want... And if your father is on board with it, all the better, its great you can do things with your dad.

I don't think there is alot of water riders here, at least I haven't read much about it.... A more specialized forum (extreme riding) might be better to get info on water sleds.

good luck, be safe.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just mean another site that has guys that specialize in water riding. Some kind of extreme riding site forum? I dont have any hints, it was just a thought.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grizzrock_X7 @ Dec 31 2006, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just mean another site that has guys that specialize in water riding. Some kind of extreme riding site forum? I dont have any hints, it was just a thought.[/b]

anybody know of such a site??????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
275 Posts
I tried to use the "post link feature" .... too tired, I'm working nights and its 6am :(

So if this is a no-no ... then remove the posts admins...sorry.

http://www.iwausa.org/
http://www.nhgrassdrags.com/New06.htm
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/to...=water,crossing
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/to...=water,crossing
http://www.snowweek.com/forum.cfm/fuseacti...id/16922091.cfm

Google is your friend bud, I found all these in 3 minutes of looking.... I'm sure you can find lots of water crossing info if you search.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Silicon the entire belly pan.....especially around the clutchs....you don't want your belt getting wet or you'll be going to a swin....tape up as much of the hood vents as possible to prevent water from getting under the hood....less chance your belt getting wet les chance you get wet.

You better watch the F7 on water....if you have the sno pro track and pin it, it may want to flip...also before you run on water add isopropal to your gas so if water gets in your tank the less chance you'll bog down in the middle of your run.

If you are sinking or know you will sink it is vital that you kill the engine before you go down and suck water into a running engine because if you don't you will blow votage regulator and end up blowing all light bulbs and all electronics....hand this happen to poo....

Your skis will act like rudders....If you want to turn, turn your skis the opposite way you want to turn and lean they way you want to turn...do not lean to much or turn your skis too much or you can loose momentum and sink...

Most important.....use a Personal Flotation Device and have a boat ready to pick you up incase you do sink...

·
Registered
288 Posts
On that crossfire you may want to change the track. It has more of a finger like lug on it. It may be 1.375in but fingers dont exactly grab water. So see if you can get a 136" mtn track that only has paddles to grab much more water and require less rpm to go faster and stay afloat.

You may also want to consider buying sealed foam blocks to mount on your sled. They go around the spindles and on the outsides on the running boards i think. So if something were to happen you would stay afloat and just have to be towed to shore.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SABERCAT500EFI @ Jan 2 2007, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
On that crossfire you may want to change the track. It has more of a finger like lug on it. It may be 1.375in but fingers dont exactly grab water. So see if you can get a 136" mtn track that only has paddles to grab much more water and require less rpm to go faster and stay afloat.

You may also want to consider buying sealed foam blocks to mount on your sled. They go around the spindles and on the outsides on the running boards i think. So if something were to happen you would stay afloat and just have to be towed to shore.[/b]

sealed foam blocks to stay afloat snowmobiles aren't made to float so why mess with the fun of retrieving the sled in cold water.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts