Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i spring checked a xf8 sp the thing was late showing up and i missed the first month of riding witch really pissed me off to c people riding on the same slead but apperently mine wasn't hear. and now that i have the sled i can't get it to start lots of times it kinda screws up my day when i can't get it to start have miss lots of day cus of this finnaly i figgered out how to get it going by just cracking the throttle just a hair witch at least lets me use it but this is still not right it is efi u shouldn't have to do any thing but pull the corde the dealer tells me he can't fix it cus AC hasn't sent him the specks yet. just wonderting if any one elce has had simelar problems and if they got them dealt with and the costomer service guys i spoke with form cat were not very help full and kinda rude. love cat and that is all i have ever bought but this exprince makes me wonder if i should have got a ski doo. bang your head

·
Registered
113 Posts
NEWF : I had it happen to me this past weekend . Rode on Wed. from the house, arrived home got of of sled and went to garage and opened the door . I then drove the sled into the garage and shut it off. Sun. morning buddy calls and says lets go riding and will pick me up in an hour. Fill up oil and gas and try to start it, nothing. I figured I fouled the plugs (35 mi. on plugs). Put in a new set and pulled. Still nothing . Cracked the throttle and started on the first pull (W. T. F.). After some thinking I believe the minute or two of idling while going to the garage loaded it up and flooded it upon shutdown. Also during the ride it started fine and have not had the problem since. Mine is rich at idle and severely loads up if left idling for any amount of time. Will do a ratio check at 500 mi. .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't know why but Cat has calibrated these motors way rich @ idle, you will have to give it some throttle or buy a Boondocker and lean it out. -7 on the Boondocker @idle and it starts fine and no cloud of thick smoke @ idle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok I had this happen to me as well late build cf700 sno pro, idiling sled went dead, ok fouled plugs pulled the plugs looked good put fresh plugs in pulled and pulled nothing so I was doing some checking around and found nothing wrong, so got to thinking sounds like electrical problem unplugged the ecu plugged it back in and BAM she lit off first pull worked for me something to try at least

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i'll check it out mine dosen't start more then it dose i thougth it was the plugs to have chaned a cuple sets now at $20 a set. i talked to ac in the states and the canada rep did't get any help they offered a 100 dollers cat cash i told them that didn't help me get on the trails and the canadian rep actually hung up on me couldn't belive it

·
Registered
250 Posts
with the EFI sleds today. they will run rich during the first few minutes of cold start. Its not good to let them idle for a while and defenately not good to start them up and shut them off, repeatedly. this loads up the motor severely. Just be glad you didnt buy a Ski-Doo. I work on them, I'll leave it at that.:glare:

·
Registered
155 Posts
with the EFI sleds today. they will run rich during the first few minutes of cold start. Its not good to let them idle for a while and defenately not good to start them up and shut them off, repeatedly. this loads up the motor severely. Just be glad you didnt buy a Ski-Doo. I work on them, I'll leave it at that.:glare:

Dug a little to find an almost 3 year old thread, hey? :):huh:

·
Registered
686 Posts
i spring checked a xf8 sp the thing was late showing up and i missed the first month of riding witch really pissed me off to c people riding on the same slead but apperently mine wasn't hear. and now that i have the sled i can't get it to start lots of times it kinda screws up my day when i can't get it to start have miss lots of day cus of this finnaly i figgered out how to get it going by just cracking the throttle just a hair witch at least lets me use it but this is still not right it is efi u shouldn't have to do any thing but pull the corde the dealer tells me he can't fix it cus AC hasn't sent him the specks yet. just wonderting if any one elce has had simelar problems and if they got them dealt with and the costomer service guys i spoke with form cat were not very help full and kinda rude. love cat and that is all i have ever bought but this exprince makes me wonder if i should have got a ski doo. bang your head
Most likely you have water in your electrical. Happened to mine last year after I brought it home. One ecu plug waswet, blew out with air compressor and first pull it started. No issues since.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dug a little to find an almost 3 year old thread, hey? :):huh:
Where I work, theres a lot of poeple that dont know that, I figure I'd throw that out there kinda like a refresher lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts