Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just received my new simmons flexi skis and was woundering if there were any problems or things to look out for on the install to my sabercat

thanks
Mikie

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Should be no problem, I had them on my Firecat for a while and very easy on and off. I just didn't like the push so I went back to Cat with the Shapers, but great no tracking! And I bet if I bought better carbides for the Simmons they would be great also.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how did they push you...my firecat and i am assuming my sabercat will be the same way..with stock cat skis and 102 studs pushed in the corner and wouldnt turn...even with 6in duallys...i have 6 in on the simmons.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If the simmons are anything like the ski-doo parabolics, they will float in deep loose snow and they dont bite at all. There is a reason ski-doo switched to the pilots instead of the parabolic design.

Awesome if its a nice pack though. zero darting, easy steering... unless you're cought in the tracks are another simmons ski however.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i heard there was a patent thing with the simmon ski and skidoo / or whoever made them for skidoo..but i am hoping they turn on the trail is all...i dont get into the deep snow much and would trade that control for being able to turn thru a curve with out droping down to 15mph..lol,

·
Registered
193 Posts
:super_happy: I have the Simmons and love them. I don't notice any pushing either. On my F7 I run 6" carbides with 170 picks. On my Sabercat, I run 4" and 118 picks. No problem...

·
Registered
367 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F_ast @ Jan 9 2007, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If the simmons are anything like the ski-doo parabolics, they will float in deep loose snow and they dont bite at all. There is a reason ski-doo switched to the pilots instead of the parabolic design.

Awesome if its a nice pack though. zero darting, easy steering... unless you're cought in the tracks are another simmons ski however.[/b]
The reason, as I understand it, why Ski-Doo switched was because they were in the midst of being sued for Copyright problems with Simmons...........don't know how true it is, but i've heard it more than once.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Pretty sure simmons makes their Pilots for them. But yes, heard about the patent infringment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts