Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting pulled over by fish and game for my exhaust being too loud. So this is what im thinking. Right now i Have an 05 F7 SnoPro with an SLP silencer on it, i want to take my stock can, take it apart and have it rewelded around my Slp silencer. I want to keep the silencer on the sled, but have the stock can over it, so i can throw the fish and game off! Anyone think this will work? I already have a few people that will re-weld the stock can over my silencer now. Let me know what you think?
thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
maybe, depending on the area there is a decibal limit, find out what it is and see what yours is pushing you might not have to go through all that work otherwise if you do they might check your decibals and fine you if it is to loud ive seen them check and fine people before

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they said the deceble reading doesnt matter at all, they are 100% illegal, no matter what! They suck.....

·
Registered
978 Posts
It depends on the law. I believe here in WI you can modify the exhaust as long as it stays below the decibal limit. You'll probably spend some time in court fighting stupid tickets, but if it's legal it's legal.

By the way why would you want to weld that clunky muffler around your can. The only advantage to running a can is weight savings. Otherwise they just piss people off and get trails closed. They don't gain any power!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts