Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt know if we had a thread like this so here goes.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Ok you win in the cat cave thread.

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Very nice!!!
Ok I’ll play
My solar powered cat cave.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Man you guys must have maid service in your caves. There’s no way I’m posting pics of my pig sty of a cave.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I haven’t built mine yet...

Where’s the winch come out on your Alterra 700 tiggershark? Looks like you’ve got one on there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used coupler nuts ( about 1.25 inches long ) . I threaded 2 bolts from the back side of the hawse fairlead mounting holes, slide the fairlead on the bolts, used the coupler nuts to secure it. Then re-used the original torx screws/bolts to put the stock winch cover back on. The winch rope is looped under the winch. The hook is behind my battery with a quick clip instead of a cotter pin. Nice clean look and it takes just seconds to remove the cover and put the hook on. I'll get some pictures of it soon.

·
Administrator
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The aquarium is a 60 gallon tank ( craigslist find cheap cheap) it contains native fish: blue gills and sunfish. so far only 3 fish. Looking for some yellow perch and maybe a large mouth bass. It does not need a heater. They eat freezed dried meal worms . If I locate a fly, they will eat it out of your hand and almost jump out of the tank. kinda cool.
The windmill is full of bullet holes, I bought it that way and hired a mobile crane to set it for us.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I snapped these pictures for insurance purposes. If something happens, fire, theft etc.. I will have a record of what was in the place. I just switched insurance companies and had to provide them with some pictures and the content. I even have close up pictures of models numbers on the welder, table saw, every drawer of the tool box, etc.... I even did the same on the house, room to room. Then store the pictures on an SD card in a fireproof box in the basement.

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Same here !

·
Administrator
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a few pics of the hidden winch. I keep the hook wound around a 15 foot tow strap to keep it from banging around. Maybe I should start a new thread with this in it??

Attachments

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Yes new thread would be helpful for other owners !! That is pretty slick.

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
All my lights 36’ of t-8 fluorescent. All my receptacles,outside lights, 30 amp RV plug, stereo, garage door opener, cordless tool chargers, ultrasonic cleaner,under cabinet lighting,phone chargers,radiant tube heater. Everything in the garage except the compressor and that will be connected this spring. I have two 265 watt panels with a 50 amp controller and 1240 amp hours of battery storage. Almost twice what a forklift battery has

·
Administrator
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, nice.

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Man you guys must have maid service in your caves. There’s no way I’m posting pics of my pig sty of a cave.

I’ve seen your cave, looked pretty damn good to me!!

·
Administrator
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Replaced all the fluorescent lights with 8 foot LED units a few months ago. The electric bill dropped by 35%, so they will pay for themselves in a short time. I now have 12 eight footers and you can link them together with the supplied jumper wires. You can link 4 together with one 120v supply line. They weigh about 2 lbs each. Love new technology.

·
Super Moderator
8,307 Posts
Tiggershark, Did you use existing fixtures and do a retrofit?
I have quite a few existing T8 fixtures already in place. I would love to do retrofit installation if I can get the full functionality with LED. It is easy to pull ballasts and rewire, so that wouldn't be an issue. It just seems silly for me to buy all new fixtures if I can successfully use the existing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
10 Participants
T.Ray
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing