Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i have a 98 zr 600. i just got it this year. when i got it i was living out by a lake. now i have moved into town. the sled has all kinds of performance parts on it. it only goes fast. i dont mind the speed. but geting out of town i eat alot of fuel and i cant realy cruise at a slow speed. also i am a big guy and i dont feel that there is enogh suspension under me. i tend to bogg down in the powder. but being 285lbs i am not sure what would be a good sled to go to. my freind has got an 02 zr440 sno pro for sale. i was thinking about picking that up but i am not sure if i want to give up the power. the 600 is a sweet machine but i think that 440 might be a little better suited for the conditions i am dealing with. i am not sure though. what should i do? bang your head

·
Registered
154 Posts
Suspension will definately be stiffer which would be nice, engine should have plenty of power too I think they were rated right around 105-110 Hp which would probably be close to what you already have. Not sure what go fast goodies are on it but I think the 600 was rated around 105 stock. Unless a conversion has been done you will probably have to deal with premix and I am not sure how good the gas mileage will be as it takes alot of fuel to get the ponies out of that 440. Tough choice but at least you have options!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am really having a tough time with the decision. my 600 has d&d clutch kit d&d pipe plus the guy that had it before me rebuilt the motor. but i am not sure what all he put in it. it's all studed up with a new 1.25 track. and as far aas i know the 440 is bone stock. but that might be a better way to go for right now. i wish i would win the lotto so i could buy 4 or five different cats. bang your head

·
Registered
317 Posts
well there is cheaper ways to make your sled diff. You can change the rpms and speed of the sled just buy messing with clutchs. specifically you can change the speed at which it shifts by changing the setting whole that the spring sets in (if I'm not mistaken you have 5 stteing the middle being neutral) the stiffer you make it the longer the sled will hold gear and vice versa. just some things to think about before you downgrade sleds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts