Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if I should remove those racing numbers... Sort of looks interesting, but I suppose they could be misconstrued/misinterpreted by the local authorities... you know what I mean.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks cool to me.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
I would leave them on

·
Registered
203 Posts
i want to put racing decals on my sled but there really isnt any room on the SRX, id say leave em it would look really plain without something there... just a big white spot....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Leave em on. Gives it character. I ride with my old racing pants and jacket with my numbers on the back and sides of legs.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pyrex @ Feb 5 2007, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just out of curiosity.. are the 440's fast?[/b]
They are quick, light, and nimble. Sure, there are faster big bock sleds out there, but these sleds were built for racing, jumping, carving, and other competitions. They have features like adjustable ignition timing, on-the-fly adjustable front shock height, stock FOX shocks, high compression engines, and other options not commonly found on stock sleds.

·
Registered
738 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
They are quick, light, and nimble. Sure, there are faster big bock sleds out there, but these sleds were built for racing, jumping, carving, and other competitions. They have features like adjustable ignition timing, on-the-fly adjustable front shock height, stock FOX shocks, high compression engines, and other options not commonly found on stock sleds.[/b]

so top speed would be...? and would it be a decent upgrade? im looking for something to jump, carve, and mod.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pyrex @ Feb 6 2007, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
They are quick, light, and nimble. Sure, there are faster big bock sleds out there, but these sleds were built for racing, jumping, carving, and other competitions. They have features like adjustable ignition timing, on-the-fly adjustable front shock height, stock FOX shocks, high compression engines, and other options not commonly found on stock sleds.[/b]

so top speed would be...? and would it be a decent upgrade? im looking for something to jump, carve, and mod.
[/b][/quote]

If geared correctly for top speed, probably around 100MPH. I've taken mine only to around 85-90 MPH according to the speedometer, will bring out the GPS this weekend for a more accurate assessment. Must use premium 93 octane fuel in these sleds though...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, the numbers will stay on; I'll just have to be ultra careful and keep an eye out for the snow-patrols... Maybe some temporary "Cat Head" decals to temporarily cover the numbers? I'll do some searching.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah nick , i have to agree with c-note .... i don't think that you will be hasseled about the numbers and they look good ! If i were you i'd keep em' :thumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
just out of curiosity why would they hassle you cause you have numbers on the side of ur sled?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snwmbln226 @ Feb 6 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just out of curiosity why would they hassle you cause you have numbers on the side of ur sled?[/b]
Well, if you drove around town in a vehicle that had large racing numbers on the side of it; the local police (as well as most anybody else in town) would most certainly be able to quickly identify you and "profile you". Just don't want to gather that kind of attention. Heck, I drive a Lincoln Town Car, drive conservatively, and live a fairly uneventful life, just didn't want to draw the wrong kind of attention. I suppose it may be hard to convey this idea.

Now, what actually prompted me to ask this question in the first place was, I sent an email to the local trail groomers commenting on how well kept the trails were a couple of weekends ago. I received a letter back that went sort of like; "Thanks for the kind praise ... ... were you driving that green ZR with the racing numbers on it? We spotted you near ..." Again, I'll leave them on and see what happens - so much for my low profile. Heck, maybe good for me. Who knows.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts