Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be buying a 2002 zr 440 sno pro. he says its ok to run on the trails. and there is a timing adjustment knob. and he runs 92octane.

any info on this?
what kind of a trail sled is this?
what kind of upgrades can/should i do to it to give it a little more bang
its stock minus a riser.
its scaring me thats its fan cooled.. is it really a problem..??

i ride open lakes and trails around 0-1000feet (mid wisconsin)

what should i do with clutching/jetting/gearing??

and how come i see some 02's that look like fcats, and some that look like zrs????

i need responses asapppp

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
If it's a Fan Cooled it's a Z440 SnoPro, They are pretty bulletproof, I think that's why you don't see alot of them, everyone likes them!, I would buy it, If nothing else make some cash on it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the z is the fan, and the zr is the fcat looking one that is liquid cooled?

any upgrades or anything to do to this big boy? im 210 lbs, and ride very aggressive.. think it could hold up? haha what kind of top speeds are we looking at
what should i do with clutching and gearing.. jets?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a lot of views and only one response? lol only one person has one of these?
so i ended up picking it up. just trying to find out what i can do to beef up the rear suspension and maybe a little more performance out of the little guy..

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and where should the timing adjustment knob be set at (+/- 3*) if i want to run 92 octane?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
i have one. i set my ignition at +1 bmp can put together a great clutch kit for you and make you a silencer if you want one. otherwise there is not a whole lot of things availible for the z 440 snopros, but they are a great trail sled and will never let you down. just keep your carbs clean!! :chug:

·
Registered
754 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jetskimatt @ Nov 15 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i have one. i set my ignition at +1 bmp can put together a great clutch kit for you and make you a silencer if you want one. otherwise there is not a whole lot of things availible for the z 440 snopros, but they are a great trail sled and will never let you down. just keep your carbs clean!! :chug:[/b]
do you make silencers/ cans?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was just thinking about gutting my can, one of my friends did it to his, he cut a square hole in the top and burned out all of the stuff in the inside (this was ona 98 yammi 700) i'll probably do the same thing, what do you think i should do for clutching?

·
Registered
13 Posts
FROM WHAT IV HEARD THE FAN MOTORS ARE MAXED OUT IN PERFORMANCE STOCK FROM ARCTIC CAT. I HAVE AN 02 Z440 FAN SNO PRO AND IT CAME FACTORY WITH A RISER. IM VERY INTRESTED IN WHAT YOURS WILL SOUND LIKE WITH THE CAN MOD... AS I WAS THINKING OF DOING THE SAME THING... THE CLUTCHING IS KICK ASS FROM FACTORY AND I WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING UNLESS ITS WORN OUT! THEY ARE A GOOD TRAIL SNO PRO (BIG GAS TANK AND OIL INJETION FROM THE FACTORY. MINE DID NOT COME WITH A TECH OR SPEEDO FROM FACTORY. BUT ITS BEEN A GREAT FUN LIGHT WEIGHT GREAT JUMPING GOOD ON GAS SLED AND I LOVE MINE FOR THE TRAILS. HOW MUCH DID YOU GET FOR YOURS AND CAN YOU POST A PICTURE? THANKS AND GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you run the timing at? mine came witha speedo and tach. i actually traded my ole zl for it.
my future plans are to include powdercoated the front suspension, the can mod, and maybe a black windshield with green or black headlight cover

·
Registered
13 Posts
I run mine at +1 for timing dont know why i just do! lol thats a cool looking sled. have you used it on the grass? i have mine alittle and it pulls the skis off th e ground like crazy! fun fun fun. i have always liked my suspension and its a blast to jump these little fans! when are you going to do the can mod? im very very intrested in how it sounds. i thought of just buying a can for another sled and using it. mine sounds ok stock but i had a 440 skidoo snowpro liquid i cut the pipe apart and moded it and it sounded great. and i pressonaly like the color of my windsheild the best. iv seen black chrome all of them and i think the see-thru green looks the best. Did you take all the stickers off and put the monster sticker on? that looks awsome! im a huge monster fan!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
TODAY ON MY 2002 Z440 SNO PRO I TOOK THE CHAIN CASE COVER OFF AND CHANGED MY GEARS FOR MORE TOP END SPEED! I USED ONE SMALLER TOOTH SPROCKET ON TOP AND ONE SMALLER TOOTH ON BOTTOM SPROKET. IT PULLED HARD OUT OF THE WHOLE STOCK SO I FIGURED ID TRY IT. I LIKED THE OUTCOME. STILL PULLS HARD AND I HAVE MORE TOP SPEED. I SEEN YOUR SLED ON CRAIGSLIST I THINK! IS THAT WHERE YOU GOT IT?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
SORRY ABOUT THAT I USED ONE TOOTH BIGGER ON TOP AND ONE TOOTH SMALLER ON BOTTOM= ABOUT 90 MPH ON GPS AND GETS THEIR VERY QUICK. AWSOME GEAR COMBO FOR THIS SLED...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts