Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my plow on lat night and tried to up the spring preload. I didn't bother putting it up on a jack cause I was being lazy. Tuned the one side up and the tab that the preload nut spins on broke. Now I have no preload. Back to the dealer for warrenty I guess. This is only the second time I ajusted the preload. I can't beleive that it was that week.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now I called my dealer and they are no longer an AC dealer...... That was short lived. Oh well, there is annother one about 20 miles form me and I think they will probably do better.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
sometimes its not that they are that weak but that they had dirt, sand and grim inbetween the shock body and the adjusting collar, then add the weight of the quad to that .

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I wouldnt tell them you put a plow on. I dont know how there warr. works but they may blame it on that and deny the claim.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i broke the ears on the shock that the wrench to adjust them hooks into and broke my wrench trying to adjust mine had it on a jack and even pust some w d on them they are a little weak i like my cat but i gotta say some of the things on it are lame and weak. i gues they know more about snow than they do mud they should come down to georgia and see what we use atvs for and it sure the hell aint plowing snow.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
you must throw the shock adjusting tool away it will break the collar or it will break.
I had a Polaris 700 and the collars on it broke as well, they are all made of to thin of aluminun IMO.
a good set of BIG plyers/channel locks are the best things to use.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use a spanner that I bought. That other one is laying on the floor somewhere.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
whenever i adjust the shocks on any bike,,i blow out any debris around the collar,,spray them with wd-40,,jack up the bike(makes it 10x easier) and use a pair of BIG channel locks,,,i broke a few on my 04 500 but that was with the ac tool

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gwc @ Dec 18 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you must throw the shock adjusting tool away it will break the collar or it will break.
I had a Polaris 700 and the collars on it broke as well, they are all made of to thin of aluminun IMO.
a good set of BIG plyers/channel locks are the best things to use.[/b]
i agree ^^^ jack er up and grab a big set of channel locks and some wd40

1 - 9 of 9 Posts