Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if changing the springs from a 07 400 to a newer 08 or 09 ride-in suspension springs on my shocks give me a softer ride?

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I think it would. My Tcat rides softer then my H1 and the only real difference is the shock springs from what i can tell. However my Tcat has less ground clearance too when shock preload is set equal to the H1. Notice I say think it would, only way I'd know for sure is to put my Tcat shocks on the 650 and vice-versa. Doubt if I'll ever do that though. I'm pretty sure there are others who have changed out to the ride-in setup, maybe they will chime in too.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I put ride in springs on my 500 and it rides much smoother but at a loss of GC. Just depends on want your after because unles you buy some high dollar shocks you cant seem to get both... :)

I still have more GC then some other quads though...lol

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have anyone tried using springs from a different brand of atv? I am trying to soften up my ride since I only trail ride I don't need or want the stiff spring setup thats on my 400. I have the front and rears set to the softest settings and when I park my heavy butt on the seat I only loose 1" of clearance. I know that polaris springs are much softer and want to try a set of them but don't know if they will fit my shocks or not. My front springs are rated at 170# and the rears are 150#. I was thinking of taking the rear springs and put them on my front shocks and then try a set of polaris rear springs that are rated at 100# and put them on the rear shocks to see what that would to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts