Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I want to pick everybodys brains. I would like to rebuild and recharge my own shocks. First question is where can I buy the adapters to recharge the shocks with nitrogen. I have the nitrogen,hoses and various adaptors and gauges but I don't have one that will connect to my shocks. How many psi do I put in my shocks? More for a stiffer shock? Less for a softer shock? How much oil do I put in each shock is there a chart some where to tell me how much for different shocks. I puchased a second complete set of shocks for my 03 ZR 900 on ebay they need to be rebuilt so I thought I'd give it a try It's about the only thing i have not tried on a sled. This way i can have a spare on the shelf at all times.I realize there may be some speciality tools I may need but I'm willing to get/build them if i need to. I have a good friend that is a machinist and he rides a cat also he willing to build tools or jigs than we need. Any input you guys have would be great.

Thanks

Wade :site:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I logged in today to ask the same question! I just want to refill mine and set them to the correct psi. Local suspension shop is charging 50 a shock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts