Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ORDERED BUSHINGS FROM WYO-H1-CAT ABOUT TWO OR THREE WEEKS AGO AND JUST GOT AROUND TO INSTALLING THEM LAST NIGHT, DIDN'T THINK MY OLD BUSHINGS WERE WORE OUT BUT I THOUGHT WITH A LITTLE OVER 1400 MILES THEY MAY NEED REPLACED....THE REAR ORG. BUSHINGS WERE WORE IN TWO AND HAD STARTED WEARING ON THE EYELET OF THE SHOCK...THE FRONTS WERE EVEN WORSE...MAKE THE INVESTMENT, VERY EASY TO INSTALL AND SAVE YOURSELF SOME PROMBLEMS DOWN THE ROAD,,,,THANKS TO WYO-H1-CAT FOR A PRODUCT THATS A TON BETTER THAN THE FACTORY PART.......

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
I agree.. My stockers lasted approx. 200 miles.

The ones on the shock body side are the ones that go first. My theory is the shock heat softens the bushings, then they punch through easier.

Yes, the shock bodies can heat up to the point of being too hot to touch... Happens on every ride I go on. It won't happen for everyone, it all depends on how/if you ride/fly the ATV. Some folks will never heat up their shocks. Bushings will last longer for them.

Wyo's bushings deformed a bit on the first two rides but seem to have stabilized. Next time I take them apart, I'll see what condition they're in.

If your stockers are punched, get Wyo's in there sooner than later. If you don't, you risk ruining the lower rear arm shock mounting pin, and the shock eyes too. They'll just hammer each other to death.

Also... The bolts going through the upper front arm and the mounts on the upper frame... Worn bushings will eventually cause the bolt to hammer the holes into egg-shaped holes. You can't let this problem slide, because the damage is much more costly than a set of Wyo's bushings.

Check your bushings next time you get a chance! :chug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts