Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the shock bushings on the 07's are any better than the stock ones on my 05. I think I'm gonna replace them and I thought someone had said they were more robust.

WC

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
After seeing what they are made of in my '05 I would buy another set from WYO-1 before anything else, I went thru 3 sets of stock ones before I went with the really good ones from WYO

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I have read that the -7s bushing are WAY better and are one peice and that you need to press them in,might look at the cost between WYOs and the new 07 style..?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (massmudder @ Jan 9 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
my 07 h1 shock bushings were replaced at 100 miles with wyo urithane bushings.
they may look different but wear just as fast as the 04-05s[/b]

no kidden :{ well that sucks you would think if they where going to change them they would of made them better?? looks like WYOs bushing in money well spent and he will stay in business :D LOL

·
Administrator
7,965 Posts
I went with WYO 1 shock bushings. Then I had to replace my front 2 shocks on the 03. They would top out and clunk. Must be they got air in them. But at 2200 miles, I probably got my monies worth from them.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I wouldn't be overly concerned until someone trys them and they perform well, as your bushings are tried and proven. I love ebayers that don't provide shipping costs, makes me shy away as I won't bid unless its listed usually.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wyo_H1_Cat @ Jan 11 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
$11.50 per shock, Beats my $14.40 per shock for Arctic Chat members, I cannnot compete with that price, I may be out of business after all? <grin> Then again he may charge a lot more then the 1 dollar I've been charging for shipping and handling too. Any body try these? are they any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARCTIC-CAT-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/b]
Considering the money folks spend on motorized toys... A few bucks difference won't cover 'confidence'. A few bucks won't put customers into bankruptcy ether.

What's this 'confidence' stuff???

Your bushings are known and verified to work. The ones at e-bay have unknown reliability/lifespan.

The e-Bay ad says they're less expensive than stockers but make no claims of being better or lasting longer than stockers.

Considering the stockers on mine get punched clean through in only 200 miles (shock body side), saving a couple bucks will cost more in the long run if replaced often.

It's actually less expensive to buy known quality for a few bucks more than it is to repeatedly replace ones that fail.

There's a lot of ATVs out there using the stock bushings and they are lasting. Is there a difference in stock bushings that can explain it?

Probably not.

I suspect lifespan for any bushing is affected by how the ATV is used. For folks that drive tame, stockers might be good enough for the life of the ATV. For those who drive aggressively or with heavy loads on rough surfaces, the stockers don't seem to last for a lot of folks.

A way to test this and get real-world results would be to start with all new bushings... Try one side (front & rear) with All-Balls bushings and the other side with Wyo's bushings.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i believe that they are stock replacements, which would start ovaling out in a few hundred miles probably.
not trying to take any business away from ya wyo cat, just posting something i found.
i would recommend your bushings to anyone that asks, and i would order another set if my damm wife would ride her machine more and needed replacements!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Iam going with Wyo's bushings. But was wonding if anybody had problems with
"A"arm bushings mine just about had it.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I have some of those e-bay bushings coming was like $28 shipped for 2 shocks well see, i still need to get two for the rear,i did not have the money to spend at this time to get some that are better (WYO H1 cats) but when i get some money i am going to get some good ones :D Iam sure the ones i bought are no better than stock but mine are so far gone its not funny..

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
It looks to me that Wyo's would be around $30 for 2 shocks and a better deal considering they last longer, and are a proven fix, a no brainer in my opinion and when my 2 06'ers are in need there's no doubt where I'll buy.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wyo have you ever sent anything up here to Canada? Any customs issues? PM me if its an option. I have visa but not paypal.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Got my ALLBALLS shock bushings in look like there made of hard plastic lol looks like i took it on that deal,i cant see how they will last very long..
guess WHY_H1_CAT will still get money from me just next month.. lol

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i was told the bushings on the 07 700's were improved. can anyone confirm this rumor?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I cheated with mine to fix my stockers. I cut stips of plastic from a oil bottle and wraped them around the metal sleve then pressed them into the bushing. The stock ones were so worn out that they slid in nice, They are all tight now and have over 300 miles on them .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts