Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last season after I had cleaned my APV valves on my '07 F6 I thought I saw a post about doubling up a gasket to prevent valve contact with the piston. I can't find reference to this post now. Is anyone doing this and can they tell me the gasket part number they used.

I did this to my '02 ZL 500, but made a steel shim and I was disappointed to see cat went back to the flat side valves over the round style previously used on the 600's

I want to prevent the problems I had with the 500.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
I personally know of two F8's where the valve has contacted a piston / one was an '07 other an '08. Haven't heard or seen of a 600 or 1000 hitting but I doubled up the factory gaskets on my '07 F10 last year as preventative maint. I just ordered a second steel OEM gasket n slid er on in. No issues / cheap peace of mind.

My idea for the original shims came to be after a bunch of guys I know had seem em clunk on ZR800 / 900's taking out pistons and sometimes cylinders. The 500 seemed the most prone / shim helped on them but you should also inspect the valve pin on a regular basis for wear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts