Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out riding last night and i was going about 30mph and not real sure how i did it but i hit a good bump of snow in the road that i wasnt really expecting to be there and i assume my knee hit the shift lever knocking it into low while moving and boy did she grind. its seems fine shifting fine accelerating fine did i mess it up.also i was wondering arcticcat says dont exceed 5mph while the locker is engaged is that for safety reasons or because the locker cant handle it ? i would assume safety but im not sure i dont want to mess anything up. thanks for the help

·
Registered
58 Posts
well i am guessin it can't take it but then i was top to stop before shiftin the 4wd button on from 2wd to 4wd because it wouldn't go in right away so i am guess it is for the safety

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
With the locker engaged, the machine becomes difficult to steer and therefore unsafe. The locker is to get you out of tough spots when other traction options won't do. It's not intended for casual riding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
With the diff locked not only does it become hard to steer, but it puts MAJOR stress on it while turning. Especially on hard ground or pavement.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i very rarely use my locker. i dont use it for casual riding i was wondering because i was riding over the weekend and fell through some ice nothing major but i needed my locker to help out but i was pushing more than 5 mph and for a few minutes i just assumed the caution was because of how tough it is to steer it with the locker engaged and the possibility of flipping etc. rather than not being able to trench through some ice or mud for a quarter mile or so and not exceeding 5 mph. we all know sometimes 5 mph doesnt always get you unstuck or keep you from getting stuck. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts