Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I am new to ATV's many motorcycles but the 04 500m is my first and there seems to be conflicting data on the proper way to shift.......Do I let off the throttle to shift or not? also will the manual benifit from a cluth kit swinging Vision 14" black 161's and 27" xtr's
Thanx for any help.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Let off the throttle! Your tranny will thank you!
EPI Clutch kit is the best mod for a 500.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah it took me awhile to learn how to do the hole heel toe thing. Now I like alot better then the shifter on the big bear. Yeah you diffently lift completely off the throttle then press down on the heel.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
welcome call to ArcticChat retired500m!! Rockerdude

When shifting yes ease off of the throttle while changing the gears. As for the clutch kit take a look at the pinned topic here in the perf/tech forum, it is a great expalantion of what the kit does and how to instal it. In short term it raises the RPM when the cent. clutch engages so that the engine is in more HP/Tourge range starting off, helping to spin larger tires.
As for using a regular style toe shifter there is a current post about that exact topic right now, take a look >>HERE<<

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx, I read the articles mentioned and was wondering if anyone had used a toe shifter and what they thought, also I found a post on replacing the fan fuse with a circuit breaker, anyone know where to get the part and how and where to install.......Thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts