Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:chug: Greetings guys n gals. Has anyone out there cut down their track on a mountain sled. I've heard guys talk about taking the track and cutting the soft 1/4"-1/2" off of the ends of the lugs which just bend over after any amount of riding unless you're in major powder. Any input would be appreciated. RIDE HARD AND STAY BETWEEN THE TREES :thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
even know there bent over they will still help in the deep when you store your sled do you put a 2x4 on edge between the lugs i know it helps on mine even when you are going to trailer a long way it helps once they bend over they like to stay there hope that little ifo helps good luck ride hard and be safe

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
We trimmed down my son's 97 Powder Extreme a couple weeks ago. Cut a 1/2 inch off. Used a 1 inch bar as a straight edge/guide for the knife. Worked real well. Took about a 1/2 hour to trim the 136" track. Trimmed the track so we could stud it.

[attachment=62977:IM000910.jpgtd.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
haha not sure where it was but i heard of guys tieing there mtn sleds from the back bumper to a tree, or pull or truck etc.. on pavement and then just roasting the lugs down to size... dont think I would ever try it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.