Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried my new 6 " shaper bars for the 1st time today. Damn, do they turn. 05 Sabercat 600 EFI, 102 studs, stock skis.... had new Woody's Dooleys when I bought it, used, March 05. Finished 05 with them on the mud....ran most of last year on the mud, cus it never snowed. The sled tracked straight as a arrow, but didn't turn for ****. I attributed it to the conditions. First few rides this year, in snow, for a change....turn handlebars....nuttin. So after reading about these bars last year, I took a shot. It was that or kiss a tree. All I can say is :super_happy: No more sore arms and shoulders, and no ski lift, like with the the duals. If there is a downside, it's that the shapers do tend to follow the other tracks, more than the Dooleys. Not darting....just "hunting". I find a looser grip on the bars helps. I'm going to try some tweaking......may have to undo what I did to try to make it turn in it's former life. Bottom line, all the positive comments about these bars are accurate. Next stop.....CA's, hmmmmmmmmm. I dunno

·
Registered
182 Posts
Glad to hear you are happy with them. I have used them for many years. Right now I have 7.5 on my SLT's. Once people use them I think they will NEVER go back to dooleys again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just got 7.5 in. shapers.....absolutely love them... i had Woody's Dooleys too on mine when i got it. I put about 100 miles on them this weekend. it was a great improvement!! Where can u get c & a's for a reasonable price??

·
Registered
157 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevieb @ Feb 11 2007, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ooops, i got the 7 inch wide rz c&a skis with 9 inch sappers. no studs, well i guess we see what happens.[/b]
Sounds like too much carbide for a sled with no studs, you should be 6" max.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.