Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
I believe it's using grit tape, as you would find on skateboards... To cover the fender warning decals.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Yep, AG got it. Many of the ATV's now don't have removable stickers. Not sure if they are silk screened on or what, but you can't get them off. So some of us have put that non-skid tape over them. That not only hides them, but it also gives your feet a place to go when going through the deep water/mud.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Jan 17 2007, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not sure if they are silk screened on or what[/b]
On the show 'How It's Made' they featured a bucket 'o' toys for kids... The bucket had a label on the front just like the warning decals on our front fenders.

To make the bucket they charged up the mold with static electricity, a robot placed the decal inside the mold. Static held the decal in place.

Then molten plastic is injected into the mold, which ends up flowing behind the decal... And since the decal is made of the same type of plastic as the end product it becomes part of the object.

This is how our fenders are manufactured, and explains why the decal isn't a plain old stick-on.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
The shane mod is great even if you don't have the decals , my feet ride there alot it's just another place to put your feet on long rides or going thru deep water

Kenny

·
Registered
723 Posts
Since I put mine on all my riding buddies did the same thing. great spot for the feet and saves the heck out of the plastic. I just bought stair tread grip form HD and cut to specs. Works awesome.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
wow this mod has been in the closet for a while, yep did to the wifes 500 so she doesn't have to get her feet wet or when we are just sitting there bsing she can put them up and plus she doesn't scratch the plastic also.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
great idea! piper will like that one. he hates the permastickers as we call them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts