Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MINT, indoor stored 1980 Arctic Cat Lynx 2000t. I also have a running Jag parts sled (1979) with a free air 340. Since the Lynx is in such good condition, I wanted to convert it into a 340 free air. Can this be done by simply swapping out the top end, or should I just swap the motors completely?

It doesn't seem all that complicated, I plan on doing this probably this summer, as I want to ride my Lynx again and it had trouble running with its 275cc anyways.

What parts should I be taking off the parts sled jag (if I do a full engine mod)?

- would the 340 just bolt right into all the existing components of the Lynx 2000t?

Please let me know, as I am just about to go outside and start removing stuff from the jag to prep for parting out.. thanks

The lynx being as light and nimble as it is would probably be a rocket with that 340 in it. I already have a good condition Jag 340 fan snowmobile, so I don't feel so bad about parting out the 79 jag.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What is the engine in the lynx.? Take out the theengine from the lynx, thenbolt the engine you want to go to the lynx to the engine plate and the bolt it into the lynx if the clutches line up your lucky, if they dont, youll have to drill knew hole holes in the engine plate to relocate the engine, so the clutches line upgrade just swapping the top end will depend on whats already in the lynx.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Whole engine should drop in or you could swap the top the bottom should be the same

Only problem you may run into is one may have an open ignition one may have a closed not sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts